BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Red Rocket
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm considering buying a used 2002 M Coupe that I found recently. The only thing about it is that it has 118,050 miles on it. Are there any problem spots that I should look for concerning the mileage? They're asking $20,845 for it.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Rear Strut Mounts.

If they haven't been replaced, they will need to be and it's a PITA.
I would be suspect of all the bushings, shocks and subframe mounts too at that mileage unless they've been replaced or aftermarket...

·
DO IT YOURSELF.
1,297 Posts
There are any number of things that will be due for replacement by that mileage, if they haven't already been done. Water pump, belts, idler pulleys, thermostat, most of the suspension and bushings (as mentioned before me), wheel bearings, ball joints, etc. That's all pretty typical of any car of that mileage, though.

If the current owner took care of it at all, much of that will probably already be done, but I am still shocked sometimes by how little work people are willing to put into a nice car.

I think all the Z3-specific gotchas would apply to your S52 as well, so I'm sure you're already looking at the trunk floor and subframe.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hey guys I'm considering buying a used 2002 M Coupe that I found recently. The only thing about it is that it has 118,050 miles on it. Are there any problem spots that I should look for concerning the mileage? They're asking $20,845 for it.
Is it the original owner? Has it been Dealer maintained and is all the maintenance documented? If so its probably in good shape.

If not it still could be a good buy.

Joe

·
Red Rocket
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is it the original owner? Has it been Dealer maintained and is all the maintenance documented? If so its probably in good shape.

If not it still could be a good buy.

Joe
Yeah it's one owner. It's about 150 miles away in Houston, but they provided a carfax report and there's no problems indicated on the carfax. It has apparently been very well kept and has no crash history.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts