BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For your enjoyment, here are almost 140 pictures from the 2002 NY Auto Show. The show should be running all of this week, so if you're in NYC, you should definitely GO! :D



Click here for all my auto show pics!

Click here to read my impressions.
 

·
bewilderbeast
Joined
·
194 Posts
nice pics alee, what was your impression of the mercedes GST?

How big is that puppy, I heard it is S -Class length
 

·
Brilliant!
Joined
·
9,932 Posts
alee said:
For your enjoyment, here are almost 140 pictures from the 2002 NY Auto Show. The show should be running all of this week, so if you're in NYC, you should definitely GO! :D

Click here for all my auto show pics!

Click here to read my impressions.
So how badly did your OCD kick in and make you want to Zaino any fingerprints off of the cars? :D :bigpimp:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
roberthalton said:
nice pics alee, what was your impression of the mercedes GST?

How big is that puppy, I heard it is S -Class length
The GST was MASSIVE. Using the S class as a gauge, it kinda looked like 3 S class cars stacked. :D

I thought it was a neat idea, and Mercedes had a half dozen folks with clipboards doing user opinions on what they liked and didn't like about it. Smart move I think. :thumb:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Re: 2002 NY Auto Show pics!

VinceTopasBlau3 said:
And I officially declare my love for the CS-1!! Gorgeous piece of work!! Aye! :thumb:
Must be really good drugs in California this time of year or something... :tsk: :tsk: :D
 

·
Ex-Dictator
Joined
·
26,111 Posts
Re: Re: 2002 NY Auto Show pics!

Mike 325xi said:

So how badly did your OCD kick in and make you want to Zaino any fingerprints off of the cars? :D :bigpimp:
I bet he had a Z6 bottle in his pocket :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Re: 2002 NY Auto Show pics!

Mike 325xi said:

So how badly did your OCD kick in and make you want to Zaino any fingerprints off of the cars? :D :bigpimp:
Fingerprints was one thing... watching the guys with the detail sprays use dirty rags going in circular motions was heartbreaking. :mad:
 

·
Ex-Dictator
Joined
·
26,111 Posts
Re: Re: Re: 2002 NY Auto Show pics!

alee said:

Fingerprints was one thing... watching the guys with the detail sprays use dirty rags going in circular motions was heartbreaking. :mad:
It's horrible, isn't it ? I see the same thing each time when I visit my dealer.
 

·
Brilliant!
Joined
·
9,932 Posts
Re: Re: Re: 2002 NY Auto Show pics!

Alex Baumann said:


I bet he had a Z6 bottle in his pocket :D
I have no doubt about that! :lmao:
 

·
Brilliant!
Joined
·
9,932 Posts
Re: Re: Re: 2002 NY Auto Show pics!

alee said:

Fingerprints was one thing... watching the guys with the detail sprays use dirty rags going in circular motions was heartbreaking. :mad:
Autoshow cars get so abused...they probably use them as crash test sleds later in the year. Every time I go to the Philly show I am amazed at how bad people treat the cars...food in a $100K MB...let their kids scratch them up with belt buckles etc...sad to see. :bawling:
 

·
The Original Dr. Phil
Joined
·
10,985 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: 2002 NY Auto Show pics!

Mike 325xi said:

I have no doubt about that! :lmao:
I would doubt little if anything that Al would do around a large room of new cars:dunno: Some of which would not be safe for those under 18:yikes:
 

·
Ex-Dictator
Joined
·
26,111 Posts
robg said:
Alex-

Even at BMW's main dealership in Munich I saw a cleaning woman cleaning an M3 convertible w/ what looked like glass cleaner and a dirty rag!
I can only second that. The fact is that you don't see much dirty cars on the road. However the product availability for detailing products is very very limited. For instance Quick Detailer is a foreign word. I have never seen someone who knew what a QD is.

Strange but true.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top