BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious. I have a 2001 with the in-dash CD. I noticed on a photo of a 2002 model that the radio button that is labeled 'CD' on the 2001 model is labled 'Mode' on the 2002. What's the difference? (And no...I don't have access to a 2002 radio manual to look it up).

Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
288 Posts
The "Mode" button allows you to toggle back and forth between the CD and Radio without having to use different buttons. For instance, if I'm listening to the radio and hit "Mode" it switches to the CD. If I hit "Mode" again it switches back to the radio.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info! I thought perhaps it had added functions...perhaps displaying elapsed track time for the CD. But I see it did not change much from the 2001.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
288 Posts
Just noticed you're from Jersey. I lived there all my life, until last year anyway. What area are you in? I used to live in Morris County before I moved to Seattle.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,211 Posts
Bill 330i said:
Just noticed you're from Jersey. I lived there all my life, until last year anyway. What area are you in? I used to live in Morris County before I moved to Seattle.
where in morris county??

I was born and raised in Boonton, live in Randolph now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
288 Posts
I used to live in Flanders, but I grew up in Little Falls.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,211 Posts
Bill 330i said:
I used to live in Flanders, but I grew up in Little Falls.
well, compared to seattle, flanders is like in my back yard:D

(seattle has better seafood though:thumbup: :thumbup: )
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
288 Posts
DougDogs said:


well, compared to seattle, flanders is like in my back yard:D

(seattle has better seafood though:thumbup: :thumbup: )
That's true!! on both counts! :thumbup:

And since I moved out here I am liking seafood much more than I did before.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
166 Posts
Also - if you install a changer you will have a 3rd mode you can go to. TAPE - CD - CD CHANGER
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
125 Posts
The 2002 HK has the "speed sensing volume" adjustment..

Does the 2001 have it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
2001 also has HK speed sensitive volume
 

·
Formerly CCs328Ci
Joined
·
1,460 Posts
egruber said:
Thanks for the info! I thought perhaps it had added functions...perhaps displaying elapsed track time for the CD. But I see it did not change much from the 2001.
Nope, BMW will never have this feature, I dont think, like other brand cars.. I realize now they will never have 6 disk in dash..oh well, have to get a chevy/ford for that... :dunno: :lmao:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,523 Posts
my folks live in north brunswick. nice area.

I noticed that mode button as well. Did you notice the display is somewhat light in real bright light?
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top