BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can I get 2002 clears (full set: front, side, rear)?

also, anyone know the break-down of prices for those?

thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
403 Posts
Maximillian Importing in Maryland at (800)950-2002. It was $400 plus shipping on a group buy recently (would be a little more for a single buy). Takes 3-4 weeks.

A set of 4 Silvervisions (above comes with regular yellow bulbs) was about $40 (free ahipping) from powerbulbs.com. Got them in less than a week.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that's what i heard

That's what some1 told me, but go to:
www.my330i.com
if you go to the "garage" section, he lists his clears as $80 for the front corners, and $200 for the rears from Pacific BMW...does he have a different year maybe? cause it sure looks like the 2002 version to me.

thanks.

·
Revelation 10:7
1,012 Posts
BMW of North America does not import the Clear Lenses for Sedans because they are not legal.

DOT regulations say a car must have an Amber Reflector on the front end somewhere. Sedans do not have the Amber Reflector in the Bumper, they have them built in to the Turn Signal. The Coupes have the Amber Reflector in the Bumper, so the Clear Corners are fine.

So, I am sure we are paying a premium by the time BMW marks them up to Maxamillian Imports and then Maximilliam marks them up again.

I went ahead and ordered mine from Maximillian Imports during the last group buy. Total charged was $411.00, including shipping.

For the record, Maximillian told me the regular price for the Clears is $425.00 plus shipping. So, the group buy saves $26.00.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Note that the complete kit includes new light assemblies that look just like the existing one. But they aren't, the yellow (and Silvervision) bulbs won't fit in the existing assembly. That drives the price up considerably over just buying the external lenses.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I love my clears on my 330i

Got them from Maximillian Importing , took 2 hours to install. The rear passenger side takes the longest - you will see why !
Was it worth it ? Yesssss ! They look great and unlike others I pull up to on the street. They got it all rights, triangular sidemarkers , front corner trim,,,looks great. Still have yellow bulbs, but looks so much better. Yellow lenses now seem so ugly.:thumb:

·
Registered
39 Posts
jmonier said:
Note that the complete kit includes new light assemblies that look just like the existing one. But they aren't, the yellow (and Silvervision) bulbs won't fit in the existing assembly. That drives the price up considerably over just buying the external lenses.
Are you saying that silvervisions will not fit if I buy the clear lights? I just bought silvervisions, and I was goin to order the clears tommorrow. I read somewhere that they will fit.

·
Revelation 10:7
1,012 Posts
Joe Testani said:

Are you saying that silvervisions will not fit if I buy the clear lights? I just bought silvervisions, and I was goin to order the clears tommorrow. I read somewhere that they will fit.
I think what he means is, the SilverVisions will not fit in the lights already on your car.

If you order the Clears from Maximillian Imports you are actually getting the European lights, so the SilverVisions should work fine.

Up until 2002, I believe the Coupe and Sedan shared the same lights, meaning it was much easier and cheaper to install clears on the Sedan.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts