BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
"Mr." Asb2002...
147 Posts
Indeed it is... I had a loaner for the day last week - a 2001 325i with PP, SP, and about 12000 miles. Two things I noticed immediately:

1) The steering was extremely loose. So much so that I never would have considered buying that car. I'm on my first BMW now and coming off a '92 Lexus ES300 in which the steering was ULTRA loose. I'm amazed they took such a backwards turn in the steering department for that year.

2) Compared to my car (which has just over 1000 miles on it now) the loaner seemed much more agile and fast off the line. Either it's because I was driving it a lot harder (I'm still very careful with my baby) or the "evolution" rumors are true - that these cars really do improve and run better as you put on the miles.

·
"Mr." Asb2002...
147 Posts
Wow, this became an ATL thread - cool!

I'm inside the city, off N. Druid Hills. I shopped mainly at Chris BMW in Decatur. I also received a quote via Autobytel from Taylor BMW in Augusta. Taylor quoted me BY FAR the better deal. I ended up buying from Global BMW in Atlanta because I have a friend who knows the owner well and I got a superb deal. Otherwise, without the deal, their price would have been just a little better than Chris Bmw.

I had a relatively minor issue (see the thread on A/C Noice) that landed my car in the shop for a day. If you take yours in for anything and get a loaner, ask for a 2001 so you can compare.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.