BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend just brought his new 2002 330ci over for me to try the new steering yesterday morning. As a bit of background, I have driven every model year E46 now, and I backed out of a deal to purchase a 2001 330i after BMW lightened the steering effort. Well, the 2002 is much improved - much more effort and road feel than the 2001. I still think the original 1999 and early 2000 steering was better, but the 2002 steering is light years ahead of the 2001 version.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GSR13 said:
I have heard the 2001 is much like an Accord.

As an aside, since both you guys are also from Atlanta, where did you get your BMW's and do either of you live North of Atlanta?
While it is true that the older Accords had relatively numb steering, that is certainly not the case with our 1995 Accord EX - it has greater steering effort and more road feel than the 2001 E46 steering - I have driven both cars back to back, and the difference was noticeable.

I live in Roswell, and the next BMW I purchase will be from Global, as I have a connection with the owner.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.