BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2002 X5 Passenger right hand side mirror, had to replace since it was vandalized overnight. My mechanic bought a pre-owned used 2nd hand from junkyard/private shop. Bought for $450, 2002 has 6 models of them, this one is correct- auto dim/heated in tinted blue mirror in color.

My mechanic told me that this replaced right side mirror does not move and cannot be control from the driver side mirror panel control. he tested that there is no power going to that side mirror. I told him i checked before dropping my car off and the old vandalized mirrors was working even when the car reverses, this mirror tilted itself.

Told him to reset the computer, battery, or steering wheel lock and hope these resets works and picked up by the computer.

What u all think? my car issue or the pre-owned mirror came in broken???

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have learned that literally nothing can jus be put in like mirrors headlights taillights etc on the BMW with being programmed to the cars computer..I had a headlight issue that cost me 1000 dollars.the mirror might be an exception idk or maybe it's a fuse..I know I'm regretting purchasing my X5..everything is 5 times the price sometimes more..

Sent from my Z981 using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Registered
2 Posts
My passenger mirror also has an issue with facing down while I'm in reverse.it won't face down any more..I'm scared to get an estimate..any ideas on what it could be..can I fix myself ???

·
Registered
826 Posts
I have learned that literally nothing can jus be put in like mirrors headlights taillights etc on the BMW with being programmed to the cars computer..I had a headlight issue that cost me 1000 dollars.the mirror might be an exception idk or maybe it's a fuse..I know I'm regretting purchasing my X5..everything is 5 times the price sometimes more..

sounds about right to me
My passenger mirror also has an issue with facing down while I'm in reverse.it won't face down any more..I'm scared to get an estimate..any ideas on what it could be..can I fix myself ???

try spraying some WD40 behind the mirror glass
also check your drivers switch
and any fuses that may relate to it

·
Registered
12,439 Posts

Just asking because it was'nt inferred or mentioned...but do you have your mirror control switch in the correct position?

The auto tilt in reverse feature is deactivated when the mirror control switch is pushed to the right to adjust the passenger's side mirror. If you want the right side mirror to dip when in reverse...the switch MUST be pushed to the LEFT:

{from the owners manual}

1 - 5 of 5 Posts