BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought my 2002 X5 3 months ago the owner had to jump start the car. I think that jumping it may have affected the gm. The steering wheel will not reposition, the center console button for the windows does not work, the trunk will not open with the trunk door switch, and the doors do not automatically lock when driven away. All of the fuses have been checked. I bought a used gm from eBay and installed it and it did not fix any of the problems.
I found a person online that fixes gm's, but he doesn't fix gm's with my problems.
Do you think I got a bad "new" gm or am I dealing with something else that needs to be fixed?
I am considering buying another used gm but wanted to ask here first.
Thanks

·
Registered
245 Posts
Start dealing with the problems individually, they where probably all there before you bought the car. Why did the car need to be boosted ? How much did you pay?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I will start working on them. They had been storing the car and not driving it and said that that is the reason that the battery was dead.
I paid $4000.
Thanks

·
Registered
245 Posts
The button on the center console is to disable the windows, not operate them. The doors locking when driving is an option that might be "coded" off intentionally.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts