Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 Z4 2.5 automatic
I had the transmission rebuilt 600 miles ago and it is slipping, miss shifting, again this was the same thing it did before. I bought a used tranny that has a fresh rebuild 10,000 miles. And i bought the TCM from the same car. Question is there anything i need to do when i change the tranny and TCM. Like flash the TCM

·
Registered
423 Posts
The only suggestion I can offer is that besides the obvious essentials of new filter, correct fluid and proper level, make sure the cooling system is functioning properly. I cannot stress this enough. Since the auto trans fluid is cooled through the heat exchanger in the radiator, if the car runs hot for any prolonged length of time the trans fluid can get cooked and lose its lubricating properties. Soon after which you are looking at transmission failure (learned that one the hard way). Since this is your 2nd round on the trans replacement, if it were me I would replace the radiator with new. Also make sure to flush the the trans cooler lines to purge the old fluid and to eliminate any possibility of a restriction.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts