BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. My daughters 2003 325i broke down at a street light while she was driving. The car will start and run, however it will not go into gear. Any gear. We thought maybe she was low on fluid. Well after we jacked the car up and turned it on, we noticed a large leak from a hose at the front of the car. Anyone know what this hose does or if it correlates with our current problem? _a__a2_

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,712 Posts
Welcome to Bimmerfest! I've moved your question to our E46 3 Series forum. I can't tell from that picture but my guess is that is at the transmission cooler line and the transmission is low on fluid.

Tim

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do we know if there's a hose repair kit I can get at like an auto store for a temp fix just while I work on the car?

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,712 Posts
I am sure an auto store will have a hose repair kit. If it will work on that specific hose I have no idea. They auto parts counter person might be able to tell you if it can withstand the pressures of the transmission. Are you far from a BMW dealership? They will probably have the part in stock.

Tim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts