BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a 250 mile drive today, I noticed an electrical type switching noise when clutch pedal moved up and down as the clutch is being disengaged / engaged. Other recent noises I have noticed have been a rattleing that comes from underneath the car (again, when clutch is engaged / disengaged). Also, a kind noise that sounds like a lose belt when the moving away from a stop under low RPM (i.e. as the car gets moving). The car has 32K miles on it was serviced 3Kmiles ago.

Does anyone have any thoughts. Thanks

·
We want the Lion!
7,771 Posts
garrison said:
After a 250 mile drive today, I noticed an electrical type switching noise when clutch pedal moved up and down as the clutch is being disengaged / engaged. Other recent noises I have noticed have been a rattleing that comes from underneath the car (again, when clutch is engaged / disengaged). Also, a kind noise that sounds like a lose belt when the moving away from a stop under low RPM (i.e. as the car gets moving). The car has 32K miles on it was serviced 3Kmiles ago.

Does anyone have any thoughts. Thanks
The switch noise in normal. The car won't start unless the clutch pedal is depressed. The switch is an interlock so that you can't start it in gear.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting.....I knew about the interlock, but never noticed that noise before after the car had been started. Should you be able to hear it after the car has been started?

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I don't hear the noise after the car has started since all the other noises seem to drown it out. Are you getting clutch squeaks?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Potentially...as I mentioned, the other sound is somewhat like alose belt as you try to move away in first gear under low rpm...it does sound a bit like a squeaking sound.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts