Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I placed an order for a new 2003 530 about 5 weeks ago. Salesman said to expect a delivery in late October. It was two weeks later that I got a production number that I can follow through the Owner's Circle Order Tracking system on BMWUSA. He now says that delivery won't be until late November. Furthermore, the car is still in "on order" status. Is this normal?

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,263 Posts
webfoot said:
I placed an order for a new 2003 530 about 5 weeks ago. Salesman said to expect a delivery in late October. It was two weeks later that I got a production number that I can follow through the Owner's Circle Order Tracking system on BMWUSA. He now says that delivery won't be until late November. Furthermore, the car is still in "on order" status. Is this normal?
Here's what we want you to do: have your dealer fax you
a copy of a printout of your order from the BMW DCS 2000
system. The particular "vehicle inquiry report" should be
the one under the tab "production/processing"...
This will reveal, among other things, the production
week, order status code, ...etc.

Let us know what you find...

Good luck and best regards,
--Jon

·
Registered
362 Posts
shifty said:
i ordered a 325ci on 8/05 got a 10/11 prod date so im looking at a november delivery
so its an over 3 month wait for me
Shifty,

That is strictly due to the dealership that you used. There is really no waits for the 2003s yet, if you go to the right dealer with allocations. I ordered on 08/16 and my car was built on 09/06 and will be here on 09/26. Hardly no wait at all. Other dealers told me that they did not have any 09 allocations left, only 10, so I shopped around. That is the luxury of having 5-6 BMW dealers within a stone throw away from me in Atlanta.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Call BMW NA...

Webfoot,

Follow Jon's advice, but also do not waste your time on the web site. If you want the most up to date info available, call BMW NA Customer Relations at 1-800-831-1117 Option 3. The friendly folks there can give you the status of your BMW now that you have a production number in hand.

Good luck and keep us up to date on your progress!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got Vehicle Inquiry Report

Thanks again for the advice Jon. I called my dealership and within 10 minutes the fax machine in the office was buzzing. New status is 150 - In production. Dealership say that I should expect to wait about 6 weeks for delivery now that the car is in the production process. If so that would be a late October or early November delivery. I guess its finally time to sell the wife's '99 Maxima GLE.

2003 530iA, sterling gray/gray lthr, prem pkg, cold wthr pkg, power sunshade, xenons, lumbar, nav

2001 Z3 3.0, 5 speed man, steel gray/blk lthr, alum trim, sport pkg, power top, (2 thirty minute vacations per day!)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got vehicle inquiry report faxed yesterday: status now 155 production completed. Not sure if car is ahead of schedule for a mid Nov delivery or on-time. :lmao:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts