BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I partially closed the door and locked the car with my remote. I noticed the door was slightly ajar and pushed it shut completely. When I returned, the door will not budge. The electronics work for the locks and windows. The door handle will unlock it from the inside but will not engage the latch. The key will unlock the car from the outside but the exterior handle will not work either. The car has 184,000 miles so the parts could be worn. Any ideas ? Is there a diy for removing the door panel while the door is closed ?:eek:

·
Registered
15,237 Posts
Search for "Lock Actuator DIY" written by Fudman recently.

Your Lock Actuator just died. If you are lucky, you might be able to open it one more time using the remote (sometimes it dies intermittently, sometimes it is completely dead).

Assuming the worst case scenario:

1. You can still drive the car but you have to enter from the pass side.

2. To open the interior door panel with the door closed, it is very challenging, search for a post by "cabinetman2":

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=471501

·
Registered
6,925 Posts
If the lock button indicates the door is unlocking but the latch will not engage, I believe your Bowden cable may have broken. This cable connects the door handle to the unlatching mechanism. The bad new is that to open the door, it requires drilling a hole through the door panel. Not easy...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts