BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Besides the subtle differences between the 2003 540i and 2002 540i such as maintenance warranty, etc, I've noticed that all 2003's have black door guards etcs and are not the same color as the car color (ie silver). In the 2002, the entire car is the color of the car such as all silver, blue, etc. Does anyone know this to be true and why BMW would do this since the 2002 actually look better ??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
370 Posts
In 2003, BMW made the European sport package standard for US cars equipped with the sport package. Included in this are the M5 front and rear spoilers (with some minor differences) and the black body moldings of the M5.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,325 Posts
Dmarinoho said:
In the 2002, the entire car is the color of the car such as all silver, blue, etc. Does anyone know this to be true and why BMW would do this since the 2002 actually look better ??
Hey, some of us like the M-style bumpers and black strips. :)

This was the info we got from BMW when we ordered ours:

For MY03, the 540i 6-speed and the sport package will be equipped with 18" style 37 M-Parallel wheels in mixed tire sizes (sedans only) and receive the M sport package which includes:

- Aero package with black rubber strips
- M sport suspension
- Visible exhaust pipe
- Black roof liner
- M footrest

The integration of the M aero package requires a limited offer of paint colors for the 540i 6-speed and the 540iA sport:
- 354 Titanium Silver
- 365 Topaz Blue
- 449 Slate Green
- 472 Sterling Gray
- 475 Black sapphire
- 668 Jet Black
- 300 Alpine White

The navigation system changes from CD to DVD technology. This will not only make navigation faster but also all US data is kept on one disc.






 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,668 Posts
Dmarinoho said:
Besides the subtle differences between the 2003 540i and 2002 540i such as maintenance warranty, etc, I've noticed that all 2003's have black door guards etcs and are not the same color as the car color (ie silver). In the 2002, the entire car is the color of the car such as all silver, blue, etc. Does anyone know this to be true and why BMW would do this since the 2002 actually look better ??
I don't think the differences are subtle at all, and personally prefer the 03. On top of the M5 look you get a better steering wheel, updated navi and maintenance. YMMV.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
What's the difference between the 2002 steering wheel and 2003 steering wheel? I have the ///M steering wheel on my 2002 540i/6.

I plan on buying 2003 front and rear bumpers and painting it body color including the black moldings on the bumpers. Also, the 2003 ///M wheels. How much would I be looking at for these 2 upgrades? (And maybe the the 2003 steering wheel if the differences are big enough).
 

·
aka Turd Ferguson
Joined
·
1,406 Posts
PropellerHead said:
:thumbup: :thumbup:
that is AWESOME looking....drooool....
:)
 

·
Brevity= the soul of wit
Joined
·
11,637 Posts
528i said:
You already had angel eyes, but changed them out anyway for the clear reflectors.. That's hardcore :thumbup:
It WOULD be, but I didnt have them on my 2000. I went HID non AE (sold them) to HID AE.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
PropellerHead, that's EXACTLY the look I'm going for. Awesome car!!! :thumbup:

IMHO, the black molding reminds me of base Civic DX's. I prefer body colored moldings. :dunno:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
212 Posts
M Sport Suspension vs M5 Suspension in the 2003....
What are the differences between these?

I didn't look under the car, could I benefit from M5 swaybars?

Thanks,
CalvinH
2003 540i6
 

·
totally
Joined
·
520 Posts
PropellerHead said:
It WOULD be, but I didnt have them on my 2000. I went HID non AE (sold them) to HID AE.
Oh, its a 2000. For some reason I thought it was an '02. hehe Maybe it was the Web site about the 02 :rofl:
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top