BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are their any changes from 2002 to 2003 300i, are any items included as standard on the 2003 which were not on the 2002?.

G

·
rogerab said:
Are their any changes from 2002 to 2003 300i, are any items included as standard on the 2003 which were not on the 2002?.
Ignoring your humorous, futuristic subject line, the primary change for 2003 is a center rear headrest. Yup. That's it. And an aux input on the stereo for MP3 players or other devices.

·
Double Bimmers
1,176 Posts
Re: Re: 2003 and 2202 300i

TD said:

Ignoring your humorous, futuristic subject line, the primary change for 2003 is a center rear headrest. Yup. That's it. And an aux input on the stereo for MP3 players or other devices.
hehe, both of those options have not yet really appeared on the 2003's that have been delivered.

the NAV with in-dash CD has been confirmed!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Re: Re: 2003 and 2202 300i

TD said:

There are 2003s on the lots now, and the Aux input is not a standard feature, nor even an option yet. Retrofit kit will be available later.

3rd headrests due out in October builds.

DVD navi disk delayed until mid-Nov.

·
Registered
263 Posts
One dealer told me that the 2003 now has a longer warranty. From the www site:

BMW NA provides limited warranties for new 2003 U.S.-specification vehicles distributed by BMW NA or sold through the BMW NA European Delivery program against defects in materials or workmanship to the first retail purchaser and each subsequent purchaser.
The warranty period is for 4 years or 50,000 miles, whichever occurs first, and begins on the date of first retail sale, or the date the vehicle is placed in service as a demonstrator or company vehicle, whichever is earlier.

20,210 Posts
CMOS said:
One dealer told me that the 2003 now has a longer warranty. From the www site:

BMW NA provides limited warranties for new 2003 U.S.-specification vehicles distributed by BMW NA or sold through the BMW NA European Delivery program against defects in materials or workmanship to the first retail purchaser and each subsequent purchaser.
The warranty period is for 4 years or 50,000 miles, whichever occurs first, and begins on the date of first retail sale, or the date the vehicle is placed in service as a demonstrator or company vehicle, whichever is earlier.
warranty is the same, but free service got extended to 4/50k also

·
Vegan, not Romulan
12,826 Posts
Re: Re: Re: 2003 and 2202 300i

rbright said:

There are 2003s on the lots now, and the Aux input is not a standard feature, nor even an option yet. Retrofit kit will be available later.

3rd headrests due out in October builds.

DVD navi disk delayed until mid-Nov.
Retrofit kit for the aux input? Will that work on a 2002 head unit?

·
My TARDIS is a BMW
5,352 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: 2003 and 2202 300i

Pete Teoh said:
Prolly not :dunno: :dunno:

·
Registered
362 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: 2003 and 2202 300i

Pete Teoh said:

Boy some guys get really turned on by the words "retrofit" or "mod."

almost like they want BMW to leave something off and just make a kit for it later.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts