BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if anyone has seen this yet, but I got this from some guys over at (ironically) the G35 board:

They've already released 2003 infon on the 330CI. It's going to get an M bodykit with the sports package, the restyled hood which looks more agressive, but the same headlights. Also a DVD navigation system. I have already ordered one, and it has a September production date with end of October delivery.
I have heard that the M club sport kit sideskirts will be an addition, but I am not sure about the front and rear bumpers. However, this makes sense since the e36 coupes (or convertibles) received the M-kit as an option near the end of its model run. I am not sure about the other stuff but it seems believable.

- Sol

G

·
Ackster said:

Is this in reference to the info or the guy who posted?
Have you visited the Org anytime in the past few months? Every three inches down the page is another, "And info on the 2003s yet?" post.

And, up until now, we had been spared the madness here.

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,535 Posts
Based on empirical observation, I'd say that the probability or likelihood of any "official" MY2003 information being posted here before anywhere else on the Internet is fairly high...

:dunno:

:lmao:

20,210 Posts
Re: Re: 2003 changes

Jon Shafer said:
Based on empirical observation, I'd say that the probability or likelihood of any "official" MY2003 information being posted here before anywhere else on the Internet is fairly high...

:dunno:

:lmao:
I don't know, Jon...that F. Meloan has a quick trigger finger. He wouldn't want to be outdone by some West Coast yahoo, you know. :D

·
Car Junkie
3,390 Posts
....and I eagerly await any official information from BMWNA. The delivery date of my Week 28 is uncomfortably close to any annoucement of changes, but I'll definitely have a (small) window of time to change my mind if necessary.

G

·
Re: Re: Re: 2003 changes

atyclb said:

I don't know, Jon...that F. Meloan has a quick trigger finger. He wouldn't want to be outdone by some West Coast yahoo, you know. :D
As if Mr Meloan would set foot, er, cursor, in here...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well then, are these changes true Jon? Of course this person could be lying, as could any person on the internet. But his statements ring true to several I have heard before in regards to the aero-kit becoming a sport-pack feature (or atleast the side skirts).

If this question offends any "veterans" then so be it. I am a relatively new member and thought I'd share what I figured to be possible news from someone who claims to have ordered a car. I find that it's always the same few cynical people that are always criticizing. I thought this place would be different from the org, but maybe it's just the same but with registration and cool graphics.

:tsk:

G

·
Sol_Invicta said:
Well then, are these changes true Jon? Of course this person could be lying, as could any person on the internet. But his statements ring true to several I have heard before in regards to the aero-kit becoming a sport-pack feature (or atleast the side skirts).

If this question offends any "veterans" then so be it. I am a relatively new member and thought I'd share what I figured to be possible news from someone who claims to have ordered a car. I find that it's always the same few cynical people that are always criticizing. I thought this place would be different from the org, but maybe it's just the same but with registration and cool graphics.

:tsk:
I believe the point is NO ONE KNOWS YET. Not even Jon. Hence that post you read is strictly speculative.

When Jon says, "You'll hear it here first" (or words to that effect) that means that NO ONE KNOW YET.

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,535 Posts
Re: Re: Re: 2003 changes

atyclb said:

Ummm...

Fred works from home most of the time, and consequently doesn't have a DCS terminal right at his fingertips...

The only time that he beats me is if an announcement is made on my day off, and I am at the beach...

:p :p :p

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Does this mean I'm not officially welcomed to the 'fest anymore?

:eek:

I never said that it wasn't speculative. Rarely anything on the internet is not speculative because it is very difficult to determine if the source is verifiable.

I posted the information because this particular person said that he ordered his car and these were the changes he said he was told about. I thought his information seemed truthful based on my own personal experiences, so I posted it for others to see.

Unfortunately not all information comes with a seal of approval from J. Quandt. But that does not mean that it is untrue. Just take it with a grain of salt. No need to bash your head up against a wall and reaffirm your longevity here.

And you don't need to "shout" with all caps. I can see your writing easily.

----------------

I am not sure how many of you have seen this, but here is one for you all who need the J.Quandt seal of approval. TD, you might want to put down a deposit. :rolleyes:

Check out the wheels:

BMW CSL Concept to be Produced. Text and photos courtesy of BMW AG.
M3 CSL

·
Formerly CCs328Ci
1,460 Posts
Sol_Invicta said:
I'm not sure if anyone has seen this yet, but I got this from some guys over at (ironically) the G35 board:

I have heard that the M club sport kit sideskirts will be an addition, but I am not sure about the front and rear bumpers. However, this makes sense since the e36 coupes (or convertibles) received the M-kit as an option near the end of its model run. I am not sure about the other stuff but it seems believable.

- Sol
I thank you Sol, I for one like coming here for info, I thank you for posting that..we'll see if it's true later. Don't pay attention to negative responses, keep it up :thumbup: :bigpimp:

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Tom Salkowsky (BMWNA Brand manager) confirmed a few weeks ago at a local BMW CCA chapter meeting (Houston, I believe) that the CSL is indeed approved for production. What is NOT certain is when the CSL will be coming state-side, but it WILL be coming.

My friend's already put down a deposit for a CSL at his favorite BMW franchise.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hey Sol Invicta.. I'm the guy who posted it at the G35 forum because I also have a G35 Coupe on order along with 2 Nissan 350Z's... Here is the pic from the other post.

and here is the URL where "ChadS" tells us about the DVD system. My local fleet manager also said that the DVD nav has been confirmed. The X5 will be getting it as well as the 7-series.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts