BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

2003 e39 540i M-Sport "Right" windshield wiper arm.

288 Views 6 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  540 M-Sport
Howdy. Does anyone have a functioning "right" windshield wiper arm part number 61618209880 that you would like to sell? I had a guy replace my windshield and he broke one of the arms. I actually hired someone to do it so that I wouldn't break an arm while using a pulley, but alas, no luck. And, he didn't discount the installation either. Nice.

Thanks for checking your used parts.

Chas.

Eyewear Font Drawing Event Rectangle
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Would seem to be an ideal part to get at a salvage yard. Chances of this being damaged in an accident are pretty low. Of course, if the scrapper damages it getting it off for you, well he can try again on another wreck.
Equally problematic, even the newest used arm is 19 years old, so finding a nice condition one gets more difficult. All depends on ones expectations

$163 with free shipping. I'd just get new
Would seem to be an ideal part to get at a salvage yard. Chances of this being damaged in an accident are pretty low. Of course, if the scrapper damages it getting it off for you, well he can try again on another wreck.
the one who replaced the windshield wont take responsibility for the damage?
Seriously? I would not have paid him unless he offered to buy replacement part or offer a discount.
I got lucky and found one at a pick and pull. Brought my own puller and it came off ok. Cleaned it up, painted and installed. It’s working great. All for $5.65.
Seriously? I would not have paid him unless he offered to buy replacement part or offer a discount.
Well, this car sat outside in California for 9 years; not running. Lot's of things got brittle and corroded. I didn't feel like making a big deal out of it. Besides, the replacement cost less than 6 bucks and about an hour of my time. I guess he caught me on a good day.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts