BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the latest on the DVD based Navagation system for the 2003 e46 (330i)?

No one at BMWNA seems to know anything!

:banghead: :yikes:

·
Double Bimmers
1,176 Posts
I asked BMWNA if my 2003 was speced for the in-dash CD or Tape with my NAV... She said she could not tell!:dunno:

·
Registered
362 Posts
When I call BMWNA, they list the entire list of options for my car and it clearly lists in-dash CD, and wired for CD changer.

If it is MY03, your dealer would have to specifically add an option code for the cassette player. If he did not specifically select the extra option for the cassette player, then you have the in-dash CD with the NAVI...it is standard.

·
Registered
362 Posts
zivagolee said:
rbright, would you mind taking pics of your DVD NAV when you receive it? :)

I called BMWNA and they also told me they do not know if it has in-dash CD or not...

My 03 \\\3 is slated for 10/02 production....

Thanks!
No problem. I can't see why BMW can't tell you what options you orderd. You are probably stumping them by asking specifically if you have in-dash CD.

Ask the simple question...Read me the options on my order, please. They will list an entire string of things. Listen for CD or Cassette. One of them will definitely come out. If you have a production number, then they have your complete order and all the options are listed.

I will happily post pics, too.

Good luck

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,590 Posts
zivagolee said:
rbright, would you mind taking pics of your DVD NAV when you receive it? :)

I called BMWNA and they also told me they do not know if it has in-dash CD or not...

My 03 \\\3 is slated for 10/02 production....

Thanks!
What you ought to do is have your dealer fax a "vehicle inquiry report" to you... Just to make sure of the spec's.

If you've got nav, and have not specified ZCA (cass),
then you've got an in-dash CD player!

:thumbup:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Will the VIR be available already? All I have is the Production number....

Jon Shafer said:

What you ought to do is have your dealer fax a "vehicle inquiry report" to you... Just to make sure of the spec's.

If you've got nav, and have not specified ZCA (cass),
then you've got an in-dash CD player!

:thumbup:

·
Registered
362 Posts
zivagolee said:
Will the VIR be available already? All I have is the Production number....

If you have the production number then everything has been keyed into the the BMWNA computer with your specifications.

The questiong you have is really a non-issue, if you just call BMWNA, as for the specs of your order and/or ask your dealer for the spec sheet. The first will clearly state in-dash CD, the second will clearly not state ZCA- cassette thus indicating the same.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.