BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, The car has stood idle for about a week, went to start it, absolutely dead as a doornail, battery ok, but noticed the dash indicator for the SMG was not on , although indicator on gear stick showed 'N', Just dont know what to try to see whats going on, have looked at fuse box to see if any blown fuses, all seem ok, the only thing different that I have noticed is that when I used to unlock doors and switch on I used to get a kind of whirring noise which is now not apparent, other than that I am at a loss, anyone with any ideas? Many thanks people

·
Luv'in Texas
1,001 Posts
Try disconnecting and reconnecting the battery?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, tried that, checked fuses 9 and 32 both ok. Have read other posts which seem to suggest problems with relay and hydraulic pump on some model Bimmers with SMG, does anyone know if it is the same set-up on a Z4?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If anyone is interested, no great disasters with SMG, would you adam and eve it the bloody battery was up the creek. Can't believe I was such a pillock, 80 quid for the tow and another 180 quid for diagnostics and Battery, another lesson learned, I want to reach an age where I know enough to stop learning lessons!! Never mind, at least no big expense for the gearbox.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts