BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

This morning I went to start my 2003 Z4 and it acted like there was plenty of juice but no fuel. This car is a daily driver so it hasn't been sitting. I checked the battery and it checks fine. I rolled it down the driveway and tried to start once more and it started, but reluctantly. Still sounded and acted like a fuel issue. Once started I drove to work and tried turning off and starting a couple times there. No problems.

So, any ideas where to start looking for an issue? I read in another thread about a ground for the fuel pump in the trunk and will be having a look there but I would definitely love to hear other advice about troubleshooting electrical vs. fuel issues so that I can pin point what the actual problem might be.

Thanks,
Donovan

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks fellas. So far only the one time. I did some searching and based on that I should have mentioned the last time the car was started I only moved it from the street to the driveway. I read a couple posts that indicated extreme short distances could have had something to do with it. The spark plugs were overdue to be changed and I replaced them today. Much better low RPM pickup and response in city traffic. I also washed the car today and have run a few errands. All told I've probably started the car 12 times today without issue.

Thanks,
Donovan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.