BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of weeks ago my serpentine belt shreadded taking the alternator pulley with it. I replaced the belt and alternator. Now my car will turn over but it won't start, like its not getting gas. The Service Engine Soon and EML lights stay on. Any ideas?

· Banned
95 Posts
Even though your car turns over, make sure you fully charge your battery. Also try, turning your key to position 2 for at least 10 to 15 seconds.....then turn the key off and wait another 10 to 15 seconds and then go straight to start position. This resets the DME or some sh$t like that:dunno: I had a similar problem, because I hadn't started my car for over 2 weeks. The battery was down, but still turned over just fine. I had the same codes you have. I charged the battery and it started. If doing the reset procedure doesn't work and your battery is checked in good condition.....I can't help any further. Hope this works for you.

· Banned
95 Posts
Also, if after doing the reset procedure your car starts, but runs like Sh$T and you have the service soon or eml code...then you are in "limp mode" At this point you definitely need to charge or replace the battery.

again the procedure is:" Charge battery "

1) turn key to position 2 for 10 to 15 seconds

2) turn key off and wait same amount of time

3) Start car

4) if car runs like SH$T with eml code or service soon your in limp mode

5) further electric diag. needed....prob. your battery weak or bad

6) professional service recommended....which I'm not:D

Cheers

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry it took so long to respond...the holidays you know...I just tried what you suggested. It still didn't work. I think it may be a sensor or gas pump...but really don't know. Are there any other tests that I could try?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.