BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have a 04' 325ci headlight that went out, my first intial thought was bulb needs to be replaced! after further investigation i noticed there is some type of wires connected to it, i called dealership they told me its the ignition element , another dealership says its a lightbulb wire harness, them 3 wires are not melted but unspliced i guess from being worn out over the yrs of going up and down when turning them off and on! can anybody tell me what the name of that part that is connected to the bulbs and how much am i looking at for parts n labor?

·
Coconut Pete's paella!
5,210 Posts
ok i have a 04' 325ci headlight that went out, my first intial thought was bulb needs to be replaced! after further investigation i noticed there is some type of wires connected to it
Well that's pretty lucky because without any wires connected to the headlight - it won't light up at all!

You called the dealership and said "my headlight is out" and their reply was "it's the ignition element" ???? NOTHING else was said in that conversation?

Then the same thing happened with another dealer? You told another dealer "my headlight is out" and they told you "its a wiring harness".

You're either leaving something out or these dealerships are physhic!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok that waS NO HELP AT ALL. I WAS LOOKING FOR THE NAME OF THE PART ON THE HEADLIGHT. NOT A GRAMMAR CLASS.....U KNOW WHAT THE **** I MEANT SMART ASS!

·
Registered
682 Posts
Relax man. There was no grammar lesson in there at all. He's saying that there has to be more to the conversations you had with the dealers. They won't just throw solutions at you with a bit more info about the problem, i.e. give more of a background or maybe even pics to better assist you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry about that man, just a little p.o. about this headlight...........i told them about the wire harness hooked to the xenon headlight its 4 small wires colors are green,black,brown,and red there such a pain in the ass i tried to rig it up doesnt work! sorry about the attitude bro......appreciate u at least leaving a response unlike others .

·
Registered
115 Posts
ok i have a 04' 325ci headlight that went out, my first intial thought was bulb needs to be replaced! after further investigation i noticed there is some type of wires connected to it, i called dealership they told me its the ignition element , another dealership says its a lightbulb wire harness, them 3 wires are not melted but unspliced i guess from being worn out over the yrs of going up and down when turning them off and on! can anybody tell me what the name of that part that is connected to the bulbs and how much am i looking at for parts n labor?
check your wiring under the hood in the headlight snap box. I had a situation a while back. I noticed that the wires had completely fallen apart. they almost looked like the had dry rotted. haha. funny... I ended up soldering them and heat shrink wrap them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dude i did the same thing....but it only lasted me like 2 days then went back out.......the guy who soldering them back said it has to be my ballast!

·
Coconut Pete's paella!
5,210 Posts
ok that waS NO HELP AT ALL. I WAS LOOKING FOR THE NAME OF THE PART ON THE HEADLIGHT. NOT A GRAMMAR CLASS.....U KNOW WHAT THE **** I MEANT SMART ASS!
Hey, guess what Einstein - what you wrote made ZERO sense at all! This may come as a shocker to you, but I was actually trying help you - you did not provide enough information - and who the hell said anything about grammar????

Are the stripped wires INSIDE the headlight (under the rectangular cover w/ rounded corners) or OUTSIDE the headlight (behind the headlight, plugged into the strip w/ 3 plugs and backwards into the engine bay?

You said you think it was stripped from moving up and down - that should only happen inside the headlight since the piece that moves is contained in there - if that is the case the problem is that nobody sells a piece of wiring harness that goes inside the headlight - the only piece you can truly unplug in there is for the highbeam.

Where is the broken wire?

·
Registered
115 Posts
check your wires under under the cover Number 8 in Coconutpetes diagram. I thought my buld had gone out after i replaced my fog lights with some after market bulds.. I saw under #8 that the wires have had broke. check that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Help with connector to headlight ignitor

So I know this is an old post, but I am having the same problem Tech Savvy had where the wires in the box under the #8 cover have broke. I was working on soldering them back together , dropped, and lost the connector that attaches these wires to the ignitor. I am having a hard time finding what connector this is so I can buy one. Maybe I can buy a replacement wire harness and cut the connector that I need off it. Any idea what wire harness this is?

Thank you for any help!

·
H8Rain
85 Posts
wires broken here as well.

i'm having similar issue and i'm not sure how to address. is it possible to purchase that piece of wiring? do i need to replace the entire ballast, as that's where the wire may originate from? how did you fix your issue, TechSavvy? thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi guys my Right side headlight is also out! But on mine the ignitor and bulb completely
burn up! I just got a brand new ignitor and light bulbs and my light is not turning on! I took my car to a shop and they told me that u need to replace my whole headlight assembly does that sound about right? What do you guys think??

ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1413213681.140621.jpg

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

·
Registered
10 Posts
It turns out all i need is a new ballast! Took my headlights out and swapped the light ballast and my light turn back on!! I just order a new one!! To my next projects valve cover gasket and replace my cooling system!

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am new at the forum,
I have a 2006 325ci with bad wiring behind the Xeon adaptive lighting.
My question is, does anyone know how to remove the Xeon adaptive lighting from the housing so that I can repair the wiring thank you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts