BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2004 325i, and I'm wondering about it's handsfree phone capabilities. It has the R/T button on the steering wheel and the microphone on the ceiling near the rearview mirror. The manual identifies these, but doesn't say anything about hooking up a phone. Is there a jack somewhere that I'm missing, or does it have Bluetooth (in which case how can I get it to pair with my phone).

Thanks in advance.

- Jeff

·
Black Mage
2,337 Posts
Those buttons I believe are for the integrated phone if you have it. Not the bluetooth.

As for bluetooth, your car should have it. I think you can do the "Find Devices" thing in your celly to connect with your car, and browse through contacts via the radio.

·
Freedom isn't free!!
2018 Glacier Silver 340i M Sport
19,904 Posts
It's not likely your car has Bluetooth. It has the capability of having Bluetooth, but very few cars actually have it installed and most of those would probably be 330i's. There is a place for the microphone in the headliner, but there's probably not actually a microphone there.

There is a lot of information here about phone options. You need to use the Search function.

Welcome and good luck.

Read the Wiki at the top of the stickies.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts