BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

2004 5 series Daytime Running Halo fell down.

1281 3
Hello, I have a 2004 525i and I love the car to death. I just bought the car about a week and a half ago and just noticed that the drivers side daytime running halo ring ( I think that's what it's called) has fallen down and is face down in the headlight assembly. I have taken the cap off of the daytime running light which gives access to the light to replace it and I can see and move the actual halo ring but not much else. This isn't very noticeable but EVERY time I look at it, its all that I see and it has gotten rather annoying:mad:. Is there any way to get to it so that I can "snap?" it back into place? Or will it need to be replaced? If I haven't explained myself well enough I have attached 2 pictures as well. Thank you all so much for your help.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
That is by far the strangest thing I have ever seen. So you can't pop it in from the back of the housing?
Tony B over at 5series.net has this happen about a month ago on a 2008 535
Hi Cambp_2015,
Strange problem that you have there.
From what I can surmise to repair it you will need to open the headlight by removing the front lens.
You could do a search on opening up your headlight but I'll add some links for you.

My link:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=798640&highlight=

One from 5series forums: http://5series.net/forums/e60-parts-accessories-mods-22/opening-up-e60-headlights-138473/

Before I spent over a thousand dollars to repair this, I'd at least give it a try.
If you are prepared to buy a new headlight anyway, then what do you have to lose?
That was my thought when I had to completely rewire my headlight and I was successful!

Good luck on your project should you decide to attempt it.
We are always here to help as much as we can.

Adios,

Bud
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.