BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I recently bought an 04 530 that has been pre-wired for a phone according to the manual. The car was also build in November of 2004. When I go to the communication settings via i-drive Bluetooth is not an option. I want to have Bluetooth installed or the current software uploaded. Is Bluetooth an option? I thought it was standard. I know when the cars first came out it was an issue and more of an issue if your car was built before March 04 I believe.

What will the cost be to have software upgraded or installed at the dealer if I have the pre-wire only. Not really sure what the pre-wire gets you to be honest.

I also have the Treo 650 and hoping by this time people have been able to get the phone to work with the car.

Thoughts anyone?

·
What rocks!
52 Posts
I was in a similar situation (04 530i ED, build June 04) and had the guys at BMW Arlington install the software. Cost about $400, if I remember correctly and took an entire day.

It's a great feature and syncs up perfectly with my Blackberry 7130.

Cheers,

Hoya

·
Registered
55 Posts
my car is a 2004 525i. it's been a week since is sitting at the dealer for the same reason. mine came with the bluetooth and i purchase a razr phone because of it. i could make calls and i could hear the other side but they couldn't hear me. a weekkkkkK!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a November 03 build car and had the Bluetooth software installed with the new CIP upgrade. The also needed to install a new microphone as the one in the car wouldn't broadcast the voice but we could hear everyone on the other end. Took a day for software and a day to get the Mic in. Works amazingly....I love bluetooth

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hoya Saxa

Is your blackberry the 7130e through Verizon? If so, what did the Arlington BMW dealer install? Desimone BMW, NJ, told me the 7130e would not work with my 2004, 530i, 11/03 build.

Thank you!

·
What rocks!
52 Posts
Yep, it's with Verizon. And my wife's Blackberry (don't know model) also works -- and she's on Cingular. I'm not sure either phone is on the BMW "approved" list, but both work very well.

As for what the dealer installed, I'm not entirely sure -- I told him I wanted the Bluetooth retrofit installed on i-drive and they did it. Sorry I can't be of more help here.

Hoya

·
Registered
48 Posts
ive got an 04 530i. its a 09/03 build. One of the first ones. I have the phone buttons on the steering wheel, and i can also see signal strength on the idrive screen. yet it doesnt work. do i have to get a software upgrade, or buy additional parts???

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have an 04 525i with the perwired BMW million dollar Motorola V60 phone. When I bought the car, the dealer assured me it would be able to be retrofitted to accomodate Bluetooth. We know that that isn't happening. The phone continues to be problematic, working on and off and requiring me to open the armrest and take it in and out multiple times before it works. When it works it's great, but...

Has anyone been able to have a bluetooth system installed that actually works? Please, please let me know. thanks

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I have an 04 525i with the perwired BMW million dollar Motorola V60 phone. When I bought the car, the dealer assured me it would be able to be retrofitted to accomodate Bluetooth. We know that that isn't happening. The phone continues to be problematic, working on and off and requiring me to open the armrest and take it in and out multiple times before it works. When it works it's great, but...

Has anyone been able to have a bluetooth system installed that actually works? Please, please let me know. thanks
If your vehicle is built after March 04 you may need a software update and for certain, BT enablement. I tried posting the service bulletin that explains what you need but the system won't allow it due to its size.

Go here to read the bulletin and the process involved

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=35423

Post 10 tells you all you need to know.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts