BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

2004 530I, Aux input

6006 Views 6 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  jeffjoes
I would like to set an appt at the BMW Stealership to install an Aux Ipod input connectoer in my car. Can you tell me whats invovlved with aspect and should I trust BMW with doing this.. Also what do you think they waould charge for this?
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
the dealer charged me $250 just for coding ! i installed the aux myself but needed it coded to work :cry:
Find a good Indy shop they should be able to do it for you. At a much better price.

Sent from my C771 using Bimmer App
Anyway the stealership will **** u all the time but they do a good job I tell u that much,I would go to a shop that I trust in beamers,I wanted to put the aux in my 530 I asked they toled me 300
Really, you did it by yourself, how did you do it and was it hard? please tell me whats invovled.
The part was about $60 but required taking the whole dash apart and plugging the aux into the back of the radio. This way you can choose where you want the aux in , I placed it in the slot above the astray.
Wooowww you must be handy with the BMW cause I would not even know where to start with taking out the dash apart:eek:
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.