BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering trading in my 2003 M3 for a 2004 530i in the near future. I've been checking autotraders inventory daily to see what's available. One thing I noticed was that there were 2 2004 530i's with Sport Pkge and low mileage that were dealer buybacks due to chronic maintenance issues. I know the 530 was totally redesigned for 2004 and may have a few bugs. I learn the hard way about buying a first year vehicle with my previous 2003 350Z. I don't want to make the same mistake twice. Can you guys tell me of any known issues with the 2004 530? Is there anything specific I should look for when considering a particular car? I'd appreciate any information you guys can provide that would help me make a educated purchase. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
674 Posts
You should look at 2005s instead. There have been very few reports of problems with the 2005s and besides it's the second year production of the e60.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I've had nothing major wrong with my 530i sport, I love it actually. Unlike a 2002 7 series that did have a lot of software problems (most corrected by now) there doesn't seems to be a strong feeling that the 2004 5 series had problems. It's easy enough for people to say just buy an '05 or get a new one, but for some of us, the 2004 is the price range we're looking for ($30's to 40k) not (40-50k)

·
Registered
63 Posts
I just picked up a '05 525 and I love it. I'm not a "BMW junkie" but I believe that '05 is when they included bluetooth and that is one of my favorite features.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts