BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey so when I'm driving my engine temperature likes to sit at 102-3 and idle at 105-7 it just seems a little high. I know it's not a major problem and bmw like to run hot but I read that normal gas engines run at near 96. I'm just wondering if there is anything I can do to bring the temperature down to normal. Should I replace the coolant or do a coolant flush? Is there something I can replace on the radiator? Really anything to get that temperature into normal range?

·
Registered
173 Posts
102 C is normal for the N62. If you start driving it aggressively it'll drop into the 90's. Just stay on top of the cooling system maintenance so the engine will never see 110+.

·
Registered
694 Posts
102 C is normal for the N62. If you start driving it aggressively it'll drop into the 90's. Just stay on top of the cooling system maintenance so the engine will never see 110+.
+1
If you really want to run at 96 degrees get the I6 engine instead......they run a little cooler.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Do a search ,about a year or two ago a super long thread on this subject.One member went so far as to have a custom tstat made.He contracted a company for 100 pieces.Sold them on eBay I believe.I moded my own to run 92c.That was my now wrecked and gone 545i.I replaced it with a 550i and haven't gone that direction with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts