BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

2004 545i oil leak?

2126 Views 6 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  peafam69
Can anyone tell me why after replacing valve cover gaskets and intake gaskets and 2 secondary valves why my 545i still burns oil and smokes when idling?
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Yeah let me get my crystal ball out, oh wait its at the shop getting fixed.

But seriously, how many miles on the car? Burns oil how? Smoke out the exhaust? Smoke coming off the engine? Oil dripping under car? Alternator covered in oil? Front timing chain gasket leaking? Rings fried?

So um more detail?
Can anyone tell me why after replacing valve cover gaskets and intake gaskets and 2 secondary valves why my 545i still burns oil and smokes when idling?
But seriously, how many miles on the car? Burns oil how? Smoke out the exhaust? Smoke coming off the engine? Oil dripping under car? Alternator covered in oil? Front timing chain gasket leaking? Rings fried?

-------------------------------
Supernatural Season 7 DVD
One Tree Hill Season 9 DVD
Crankcase vent valve And or oil separator hose?
You're lucky that hundred shot of NOS didn't blow the welds on the intake! Now, me and the mad scientist got to rip apart the block... and replace the piston rings you fried.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.