BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After I place the key in the slot and push to start button the car does not start. All electrical components: radio, steering wheel adjust, ac turns on, but the car does not. After several attempts the car then starts. The remote operates the door locks and trunk without issues. Do I have a remote issue, starter, or push button issue?

·
live like no one else
143 Posts
First Charge the battery up good, seems to be the going issue. most things will work but will not start if battery has lower voltage! Oh yeah make sure your pushing the brake far nuff....

·
Registered
41 Posts
Actually, I thought my ignition was acting up for the same reason,
but if you take more care to make sure the brake (which is really
stiff at that time) is pressed far enough you will find it fires up with
even the slightest touch. It's the brake pedal I think. Maybe the
sensor there needs to be adjusted?

Good luck!
Wes

·
'12 X5 35d Black-on-Black
1,917 Posts
After I place the key in the slot and push to start button the car does not start. All electrical components: radio, steering wheel adjust, ac turns on, but the car does not. After several attempts the car then starts. The remote operates the door locks and trunk without issues. Do I have a remote issue, starter, or push button issue?
Did you just buy it? If not, how long have you had this car? Did the car show any "other" signs of problems before this?

·
Registered
190 Posts
In the mornings when I dont press the brakes down enough, the car wont start. Rememer to depress the brake hard when that happens.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ndabunka, I have had the car for a year now. No other indicators. Battery test out as good and just recently replaced the alternator. The problems occur at random, is not always first thing in the morning. I am pressing in the brake extremely hard. Do you think it might be the remote?

·
Major
2,312 Posts
Ndabunka, I have had the car for a year now. No other indicators. Battery test out as good and just recently replaced the alternator. The problems occur at random, is not always first thing in the morning. I am pressing in the brake extremely hard. Do you think it might be the remote?
When u put ur remote in do u have a message remote recognized?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No error messages are displayed. The car eventually turns on after a series of pulling the key out and starting it several of times. I had the battery and alternator tested today and both are working. And of course while at the repair shop the car started each time for the mechanic. I am not sure where to go from here...a bad break pedal sensor?????

·
Registered
30 Posts
Solution?

At a parking lot... Same issue you had... What was your solution?
I dotn get the remote recognition thing that usually comes up... The key simbol ... Already disconnected batt n connected again, got a new batt last week, didn't register it... Wonder if it is side effects.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a 2004 and it was the integrated supply module. Easy to replace and it has not happened since I did it. Seems to be a common issue.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts