BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i just bought a 2004 bmw 530i and i wanted to change the angel eyes to hyper white instead of the dull yellow it comes with do i need to just change the bulb or the whole light? Is it possible to change the eyebrow from orange to white? any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Angel eyes have been discussed to death in this forum - do a search, but basically there is 1 bulb per headlight for the angel eyes. Replacing it with an aftermarket LED bulb will change the color of the angel eyes.

Some guy did modify his the eyebrows on his headlights, but the procedure involves opening the headlight to get to the LED bulbs. It looks pretty awesome but you'd really need to know what you are doing. I saw a video of it on youtube and you can likely find it by searching "bmw e60 white eyebrows"

I don't know if he's a bimmerfest member, but I believe I've seen pics of this on another forum - 5series.net (which has a greater portion of its members that are into modding their E60s).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks sorry im new to this site so still trying to get use to it ok and do you think its possible to add an aftermarket radio to my bmw 530i, not to replace idrive but just to have for navigation and for an aux input?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Go with HID Angel Eyes the leds really aren't very bright. If your looking for plug and play led is the way to go. If your looking for the brightest possible option with a little bit of work the hid's are definitely worth it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just got a 530i as well. What is involved in getting HID angel eyes? Does one have to replace the entire headlight?

Also, I'm looking to replace head unit like nick. Done a few searches but found very little. Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ive been doing some research but the online way to actually get them brighter is by swapping out the headlights which can take you over $1400. Im purchasing the mtech v2.1 today to change the color of the eyes from yellow to white though it wont make it brighter necessarily im planning on swapping headlights later down the line. does anyone know what size the high beams are?

·
1.888.JLEVISW
3,247 Posts
Is it better to get aftermarket or OEM later model white
BMW never offered a pure white color on the E60 so there is no OEM option. You can upgrade pre-08 models with 08+ headlights if you prefer that look. For xenon white angel eyes, you need to go with an aftermarket solution.

I just got a 530i as well. What is involved in getting HID angel eyes? Does one have to replace the entire headlight?

Also, I'm looking to replace head unit like nick. Done a few searches but found very little. Anyone have any suggestions?
HID angel eyes involves installing a full HID kit with harness to prevent errors. It's a little tricky but has been documented if you search around for it. IMO, it is far too bright for the rings but some like that ultra bright output.

For the headlights, I suggest an OE upgrade. You can either purchase new OE headlights or find a used set in good condition. There is lots of info on upgrading pre-08 models to the LCI headlight.

Do the new f10 have the led angel eyes or are they hid bulbs? Because I want them to look exactly like them :D
They are full LED rings. The two best options are an LED upgrade (plug and play, easier install and more affordable) or HID (brightest output, pricier and requires harness).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i was thinking orion's but i don't know any1 in Houston so far that could do custom work like that i really want angel eyes that are visible during the day, but until i can get the lci headlights i guess i have to settle with the mtec's. :dunno:

·
Site Sponsor
5,144 Posts
Orion V2 are the best solution but the hardest.
If you are a facebook fan, our ICE LITE is only $82.50 shipped, the lowest priced quality plug and play solution on the market with a warranty.

·
Registered
28 Posts

·
Beemer Whisperer
9 Posts
they are great but try to change them without taking out the headlight, use a flat head to spin the oem bulb and reach in and take it out. If you remove the whole headlight, you'll get a code if you have the adaptive headlamps.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts