Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's been one hell of a day. My car arrived 2-3 days earlier than expected, and the new digital camera that I was planning on buying (Canon PowerShot A70 - 3.2 MP) has been in such demand lately that it was suddenly sold out all over town. Luckily, after numerous phone calls, I found a dealer who had just received 2 units - one of them is responsible for the pics below.

The car, of course, is magnificent. As for Silver Grey, any "faint praise" connotation you might have gathered from my previous post is wholly unjustified. I must agree with artvandelay that this is now the color to have - especially on coupes. It is simply fabulous. Few, if any, pictures do it justice, including mine below.

Interestingly, as fate would have it, when I went to transfer the registration and insurance from my Acura, I happened to park almost nose-to-nose with a gleaming 2003 TiAg 330Ci with the M Sport package, both of us "miles" away from other parked cars. ;) TiAg remains a very attractive and highly-desirable color (despite its "me-too" status) but be assured, it paled in comparison, literally and figuratively. Do you get the impression that I like Silver Grey? :D Also, while the M Sport's more "ballsy" appearance is undeniably sexy, I do not prefer the look to mine, and the ride home from the dealer over some of our pock-marked city streets convinced me that the standard sport suspension is plenty firm enough. Further comments on the driving experience will follow once I've spent more time with the car.

Anyway, here come some pics, all at 640x480 to minimize file size. I have mixed feelings about displaying my licence, but I have no image editor to blank it out. The pics I took at the dealer before installing the plates just aren't as good.

Be gentle with me, it's my first time... :angel:

Front 3/4

Attachments

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Side 3/4

Attachments

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Another front 3/4

Attachments

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Another

Attachments

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rear - note PDC

Attachments

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
For Chaaaosss... these are the best-looking wheels currently available on the 3-series, IMO ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Interior - showing real optional brushed aluminum trim (as opposed to standard "titanium") - Capitalist knows how much nicer this is!

Attachments

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
One more interior shot... whew! Pardon the inexperienced digital photog's thumb, or something else :dunno: on the left.

Attachments

·
Jayhawk Fan
1,834 Posts
Like the color as well.

I'm not fond of the orange reflectors up front on my new one. Anyone know where we can replace with something else?

·
I know a thing or two...
7,439 Posts
GaryB said:
One more interior shot... whew! Pardon the inexperienced digital photog's thumb, or something else :dunno: on the left.
Nice car! I love those wheels!! If I were to order one of those today, I'd go for that same color combo, only with leather instead of 'ette.

Congrats and enjoy!

·
SPF 100 Protection
9,946 Posts
Great Looking Car! Love the brushed Aluminum :thumbup: Congrats

·
Registered
40 Posts
Car looks great Gary - I can't believe how much the facelift got trashed when it was first unveiled - completely unjustified.

My brother has a TiAg 325xi, so I regularly get the pleasure of seeing how much better AgGr looks when the two are side-by-side - not to mention the coupe vs. sedan.

ENJOY YOUR CAR!

·
Registered
565 Posts
GaryB said:
For Chaaaosss... these are the best-looking wheels currently available on the 3-series, IMO ;)
Thanks, Gary. Great pics but wonderful to hear your musings about Silver Gray. I stopped by our local dealership this morning on a whim and they had not one but two M3 Silver Gray coupes to gawk at. I wholeheartedly agree with your assessment now that I've seen the color in the flesh.

Again, excellent choice. :thumbup: Can't wait to read the review of the way it drives.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all the kind words, everyone. It did take some work and time to get these pics up, especially since I had neither the car nor the camera when I got up today. :eek:

I'm surprised nobody commented on my mud flaps. I know many people look down on them but with all the salt/gravel that they throw on the roads here in the winter, they're almost a necessity, and actually look kinda cool once you accept them. :bigpimp:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Beautiful, beautiful car. Tasteful color, trim choices. Nice integrated package. One suggestion: get the dealer to remove the "ad" on the rear. The only sour note on an otherwise perfect ride.

Congrats!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
eliyale said:
Beautiful, beautiful car. Tasteful color, trim choices. Nice integrated package. One suggestion: get the dealer to remove the "ad" on the rear. The only sour note on an otherwise perfect ride.

Congrats!
Thanks... (where's the "blushing" smilie when I need it!). I did consider asking the dealer to omit their "brand", but forgot at the last minute. I do think it's more subtle than many others, and it doesn't bother me too much. :)

·
Registered
155 Posts
You probably already know this, but they can remove it at no charge without damaging the paint. I didn't realize this until recently and drove around for years as the dealer's moving billboard. Grrr.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I went to a local BMW dealership yesterday with my Silver Gray to buy a quart of motor oil. I parked outside and when I came back out from the service department I found about 4 salesmen surrounding my car because it was their first time seeing Silver Gray.

They all loved the new color, and so do I. :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 76 Posts