BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just passed 80k miles on my '04 X5 and need to replace the tires, again. Shop suggested 3 choices: Goodyear at $375/tire; Sumitomo at $223, and Falcon, who I never heard of at $197 per. I hate to trade-off performance, wear and noise, but guess I'd give up 5-10k miles of wear for a quiet ride. Replacing Goodyear. Any suggestions?
Thanks
tornado1

·
DINAN EQUIPPED
199 Posts
I just replaced 20 inch toyo proxies with continential extreme conti dsw's and they are great and the price is decent at 250$ a tire. I have a staggered set up and they are xo much better than the toyo's in many ways. My choice after much research for a tire with performance and handling and ride feel, a high performance all season tire.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have a 2003 X5 with the standard wheel 17" and I went with the Michelin Lattitude HP 104H matching tires. All four mounted and balanced were $900 with tax. You should go checkout your local Sam's Club, right now you can get instant $70 off Michelin tires. Also local tire stores have the mail in rebate for Michelin right now.

·
DINAN EQUIPPED
199 Posts
what did you choose? I have been loving the DSW's I out on..

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I have a 2003 X5 with the standard wheel 17" and I went with the Michelin Lattitude HP 104H matching tires. All four mounted and balanced were $900 with tax. You should go checkout your local Sam's Club, right now you can get instant $70 off Michelin tires. Also local tire stores have the mail in rebate for Michelin right now.
I have a Grand Cherokee with the same size (235/65/17) and recently put on General Altimax HPs. Fantastic tires, worth a look.

Sent from my iPhone using BimmerApp

1 - 5 of 5 Posts