BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2005 325i that was manufactured in Sa in the middle of 9/04.
According to the BMW Service Releases, I don't think that I have bluetooth. At least I have not been able to get it to show the bluetooth paring screen and to pair with my BB 7100t. Does anybody have a similar case like mine? Has anybody with similarly manufactured car been able to activate/get bluetooth working?
Thanks for your help,
Peter

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yep, I have a 318i also made in SA last year. I do have bluetooth with my car and I do use it at times.

The best way to check is to either ask the dealer that you bought the car from or look in the leather case your books are contained in and look for a book with an Old English telephone box of the front cover, that gives you the steps to get the bluetooth pared.

One thing I have noticed though is that when you switch your bluetooth on your mobile phone it seems to drain the batteries on the phone very quickly. I have a Motorolla V600 and without bluetooth on it last for a good 5 days on 24 x 7, but when you switch the bluetooth on the phone it lasts maybe a day ?

Good luck !!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Big Surprize: it looks like I do have Bluetooth Hardware!!!

:p Hi All,
I am trilled to report that I just have confirmed that I have the bluetooth hardware on my 2005 BMW 325i made in SA in the middle of 9/04! I have just found that I have the bluetooth antena Part # 8450 6928461-01 monted under the back side of the center console and have the new made by Motorola Universal ULF Module (Part # 84.11.6952218-01). The Module has a sticker in it displaying the Bluetooth symbol it has a BT number and pass key (PK:XXXX) printed on the sticker. This is a big surprize to me because according to the BMW tech Release my vehicle was not supposed to have Bluetooth. Also, Right now I am unable to pair the Bluetooth with my BB 7100t. I will be taking it to the dealer today or tomorrow to find out why Bluetooth was not activated eventhough hardware is there and see if I could activate it for free.
Thanks,
Peter

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update: 2005 325i Made SA 9/04 Bluetooth Problem

Went to the dealer 2 days ago. Dealer (as I was able to determine) confirmed that I have the combined new bluetooth/assist module made by Motorola and the Bluetooth antenna hooked to the module. Dealer tried to pair with a BMW approved ( :) ) Sony/Ericsson Phone but were not able to get it to work. Dealer addmitted that this is BMW issue and scheduled a loaner and appointment to fix the Bluetooth on Tuesday 4/12. Will let you know what happened.
Peter

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bluetooth fixed!

Hi all,
I have been busy and not having the time to closeup on my story. I am very trilled to report that after about 1 week at the dealership ( I had a free car loaner) and repeated unsuccessful attempts to program the module (as instructed by BMW technical) by the dealer, BMW NA has comeup big time and instructed the dealer to replace the module for me free of charge!!! You can imagine my impatience and anxiety but at the end I now have bluetooth (free of charge) and it does work with by bb7100t. I have worked with a great team of dealership personel ( John - Director of Performance and Larry Klebeck - Service Advisor both at Momentum BMW, Houston) on this and I am extremely grateful to them for their help.

Peter

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I have a similar situation where my 2005 325i has all the blutooth buttons on the steering wheel. I bought the car with an "executive" package and was told by the dealer that although I have the buttons on teh steering wheel, bluetooth is not activated.... I would think that I could get it to work if the HW is there. What answer did you get from your dealer? I live in Canada.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts