BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys my 325i won't start,;I've had this problem for about 2months now and in that 2 months my car had started and driven perfectly once than just wouldnt start again the next day..; I bought a brand new bmw battery but still won't start... lights and everything work... oh and also the brakes are very hard, I've tried pressing it down the hardest I could to the point where it felt like I could break it.... still nothing...any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,712 Posts
Welcome to Bimmerfest! I've moved your question to our E46 3 Series forum, you'll get more help in here. Will it crank over?

Tim

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,712 Posts
That sounds like an issue with the battery still. Have you tried jump starting it? Could be an issue with the cable connection to the battery.

Tim

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes tried jumping a few times now. could it be something to do with those connections on top of the battery?

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
it's a push to start, it doesn't crank just clicks then turns power off.
Could be the transmission gear select switch for automatic or clutch switch for manual.

If the click you hear comes from the starter solenoid, in this case it could be the starter. Also check the ground cable between the engine and the chassis. Positive cables too. The battery cable terminal under the hood.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Could be the transmission gear select switch for automatic or clutch switch for manual.

If the click you hear comes from the starter solenoid, in this case it could be the starter. Also check the ground cable between the engine and the chassis. Positive cables too. The battery cable terminal under the hood.
sorry not familiar with car lingo lol but would those problems be an easy fix ?

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
sorry not familiar with car lingo lol but would those problems be an easy fix ?
For the engine ground cable, just check if the nuts are tight. Same applies to the battery + terminal in the engine compartment.

If it's the transmission gear select switch then wiggle the gear lever a bit and see if it starts or pull it into neutral and start the car.

The starter motor itself is a hard to reach.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts