Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed gas dripping under car. Passenger side, in front of rear wheel. Its coming from up top somewhere....any ideas?

·
Registered
5,787 Posts
Just noticed gas dripping under car. Passenger side, in front of rear wheel. Its coming from up top somewhere....any ideas?
The only place on the passenger side that would leak is the filler neck tube . All other parts in the passenger side are vent tubes .

Did you recently fill up the gas tank ? Possibly over filling it ?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only place on the passenger side that would leak is the filler neck tube . All other parts in the passenger side are vent tubes .

Did you recently fill up the gas tank ? Possibly over filling it ?
Oops, meant the drivers side. And I just got gas the day before. Hard to tell been it was full. The pump kept cutting off, so I think I could have over filled it.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Have you run over anything recently? A while ago, I ran over something laying in the road. It must have caught between the left gas tank and the road, because after that I had a gas leak in front of the rear wheel, driver's side. I removed the rear seat and found the fuel filter had a hairline crack in it. Had to replace the fuel filter, which didn't bother me a lot - it had 150K miles on it....

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you run over anything recently? A while ago, I ran over something laying in the road. It must have caught between the left gas tank and the road, because after that I had a gas leak in front of the rear wheel, driver's side. I removed the rear seat and found the fuel filter had a hairline crack in it. Had to replace the fuel filter, which didn't bother me a lot - it had 150K miles on it....
THX, I will check it in morning. Don't drive it much until I get a few issues ironed out, bt that makes sense.

·
Registered
661 Posts
You mentioned your fuel filter had 150,000 miles on it.

Doesn't it seem logical the fuel filter would have been so clogged that it stressed the fuel pump (and then burned out the fuel pump)?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts