BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
i have a 645 ci black looking to lower it drop some black rims (not sure if i should just hold stock and just powercode them to a black crome or flat , or just get 22s) also what size spacer do i need and what whats my best option for a lowering kit. Websites would be helpful

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
If you want a 1.2" drop go for Eibach springs, for a 1.5" drop get H&R springs, to slam it go for KW V3 coilovers.

You won't need spacers if you get the correct offset when ordering wheels.

As for websites, Google is you friend. :)

·
Registered
555 Posts
Upgrade the wheels, 22s fit great , and the stockers are ugly, IMO. as yorgi said, spacers probably won't be necessary, but he got it flipped H&R only lower 1.2" in front and 1" in back, so it still looks very oem, eibach springs make the car look almost slammed and coil overs of course are big $ but offer the best performance.

A lot of websites selling a lot of different styles of wheels that fit our car, pick your poison.

Hope that helps

Sent from my iPhone using BimmerApp

·
Registered
51 Posts
Here is what I did last fall:

I am putting on front 20x8.5 20ET on 245/35/20
on the back we have 20x10 20 ET on 285/30/20

Also lowered it with H&R springs.

The offset calculator says:

the front will be 6mm closer to the strut than stock as well has 6mm farther inward from the fender.
the rear will have 15mm less clearance on the strut side and will extend 11mm more to the fender.

My car could use some spacers prob 10mm on the front and 15mm on the back but I just haven't done it yet.

·
Instructor of the Stig™
7,237 Posts
The best way to understand which size spacer you need, is to simply measure from the top outside edge of your tire to the inner lip of you fender. This will give you the best idea on how much size you have to work with, and to decide on how much your wheels need spaced.

Once you know that let us know and I will be able to recommend which size will be the best fit for your application.

Here is a diagram that might help as well.

We have a complete line of spacers available specifically for your vehicle below...

Click HERE to order or for more information.

Please let us know if you have any questions! Feel free to shoot me a PM or email.

Best,
Joe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts