BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

2005 740I Yaw sensor

4672 Views 9 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Farhan110
Does anyone out there know where the YAW sensor is located for this vehicle? We have checked under the driver seat with no luck. Anyone know the answer to this mystery?
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
you mean Yaw sensor for DSC? if yes there are 2 of them...one is at passenger side front wheel connected to stabilizer bar and second one is at passenger side rear wheel...can't miss them
Does anyone out there know where the YAW sensor is located for this vehicle? We have checked under the driver seat with no luck. Anyone know the answer to this mystery?
I am not sure, is that the only Yaw senor or does the car have others?
yaw sensors in bmw are mostly used for DSC (stability control) and measures the angle of suspension or what angle is vehicle in....
they are located as i mentioned earlier
they are also used in aircraft
but maybe they use yaw sensors/accelerometers for some other systems...7 series is complicated

check this out...
http://i48.tinypic.com/1hpmd0.jpg[/IMG]"]Image and video hosting by TinyPic[/URL]
thank you so much - we will check this!
Yaw senor

I have fournd out this is the acceleration rate Yaw sensor. Does anyone know the location of this for a 2005 BmW 740I?
did you find it?? i would call dealer/parts or service department and ask them...they should give you answer
I believe that is what we will have to do - thanks for the info
Hey did you ever find the location of the sensor?
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.