BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just purchased a 2005 745LI with 43k miles. The dynamic stability control has come on numerous times. Most of the time if I turn off the car and restart the car it will go back to normal. Today when the dynamic stability control came on the the computer would turn off and back on: the navigation screen would breifly turn off and then back on, then the display would say that Dynamic Stability Control is turned off, and the transmission went into "failsafe mode", and it also said parking brake/brak malfunction. While this is going on it feels like the car is dying and then will come back on. Also, the check engine light came on and stayed on. Anybody experience this with their 745LI? I let the car sit over night and cranked it up the following morning and now it is working perfect again and the check engine light is off. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
560 Posts
2005 745i

Wazzup, I had the same problems with my 745i, really weird. I had to replace the battery at the dealer, may want to check. Those batteries I think are only good for 4 years. Engine light, you got me, its a bmw. Have another car in hot standby is all I can say. Their nice to have cars, but, well my motto is keep a honda close by. I am so serious.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I had this almost the exact same situation happen to me today. I have a bad Valve Control Valve I'm going to replace, which causes the DSC to go inactive on turns.

However today I had the transmission went to fail/safe with the parking brake error/w engine light. It was also throttled back which happens as a safety measure by bmw.
A shutoff restart made it go away for a while but came back again later. However I know when it will be back to normal tomorrow. All these functions are connected with the DCS control module.

If its your battery I would be interested to know.

I just purchased a 2005 745LI with 43k miles. The dynamic stability control has come on numerous times. Most of the time if I turn off the car and restart the car it will go back to normal. Today when the dynamic stability control came on the the computer would turn off and back on: the navigation screen would breifly turn off and then back on, then the display would say that Dynamic Stability Control is turned off, and the transmission went into "failsafe mode", and it also said parking brake/brak malfunction. While this is going on it feels like the car is dying and then will come back on. Also, the check engine light came on and stayed on. Anybody experience this with their 745LI? I let the car sit over night and cranked it up the following morning and now it is working perfect again and the check engine light is off. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
440 Posts
So what happened with this Fsarris?

·
Registered
560 Posts
Fsharris

Well guess he got it fixed. Lately I've been driving with I drive looking like a mini Xmas tree, I don't care anymore, Heck this thing isn't a F18, I'm driving this damn car if it's on fire, it better run.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have or had the same problems with my 03 745. The dynamic stability can be fixed my replacing the hydraulic roll bar and the engine fault light might be crankcase ventilation valve emission leaking, which were recalled by BMW in 06/2004 and replaced.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I PM'd Ferris on this the other day.

Here's the what he had wrong.

It was the alternator. The voltage regulator was acting up when it would get hot and causing high voltage, which was causing the systems to go into fail safe mode. I had the voltage regulator replaced in the alternator and it has been fine ever since.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts