BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only 50k miles, loaded, mint for $27000. Is this a good deal. Coolant pipe and lack of warranty starting to scare me. I would love to trade for an M5 but there is nothing local whatsoever.

Anyone had any experiences with -04 and up E55?

·
Registered
12,022 Posts
50 k miles and no warr your f'ed any way, If u trade do some thing with super low miles.

·
'12 X5 35d Black-on-Black
1,917 Posts
Prior 55 owner here. The E-series are a fairly reliable car and don't have all the problems the S-class had (e.g. You won't have to worry about $3K air ride repairs with the E). The one issue is Super Charger concerns. If it is hasn't had problems yet, it likely will not have any issues. As with any car, check the service records. MBworld dot Org is a GREAT equivalent to this forum. Is it a Benz CPO? If so, it's got the same benefits the BMWer CPOs have. IMHO, the E is a good car and with the new body style having already come out, you can get some KILLER deals on that bodystyle. And those things can really get up and go. Nice cars.

·
2005 745Li
229 Posts
They look to get going for about $25K with that milage, but each car is a bit differant, so if you find the right car you may want to pay a bit more ???

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I appreciate the feedback. Has the pulley on it, lowered with coil overs, and intercooled. Drove great!

·
Registered
4,761 Posts
if you sell your 7, I'd be more than glad to buy your full rim set!

·
Registered
405 Posts
I appreciate the feedback. Has the pulley on it, lowered with coil overs, and intercooled. Drove great!
e55 has air ride, intercooler=upgraded heat exchanger? check out mbworld as mentioned above. lot of e55 owners have the chrysler warranty and it basically covers everything. good luck, the power is addicting:D

·
Registered
269 Posts
I don't know about this E55 since it has coilovers, and I know I'm not talking about the E55 in particular. I've never personally owned a Mercedes but my brother had an older S Class, a close friend of mine has a CLK430 and another good friend of mine has a S Class 4Matic. The former two I drove many times, and I have drove the S a couple times as well. All of them were very nice cars to drive powerful, fast, quiet, but none of them offered the responsiveness or handling characteristic of a BMW. The CLK is an 01 and its far to harsh feeling, personally liked drivin my 95 325is better. Both of the S Classes felt like it had no connection with the road and had no feedback whatsoever. When I was in the market for a new car i looked at several Mercedes some with and without the real AMG package, and my take on that is that AMG doesn't put as much balance into their cars. Its more like they just put a huge 450-550hp engine in it badge it and send it on its way. To much uncontrolable power, I pesonally would wait and look for an M5 but thats my take on it. Sorry for the rant but I hope it gave you some good advice.
Good Luck In Your Search

·
E65/E66 Helper Man.......
1,511 Posts
I went from a 03 e66 to a 05 w211 e55, and i love it! True, you will give up some comforts, however you gain so much reliability that it's not funny... ALL w211 amg's come from the factory with airmatic... Either the owner is lieing about it being lowered to mistake it for coilovers, or the owner has had custom coilovers fabricated... Most likely it is factory airmatic with either star lowering (factory computer adjustment) or it is lowered with links... I would recommend the switch!

·
Registered
428 Posts
almost picked up an 06 e55AMG instead of the 7 they wanted 40k with 26k miles. No warrenty on that scared the **** out of me too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts