BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So two years ago, I had kept getting repairs and doing multiple drive cycles. Finally it ended up being a secondary mass airflow relay. And then it passed smog. Now it***8217;s time for smog again, engine light is on. Same code***8230; Secondary mass airflow sensor. But on the professional code reader it has several misfires codes. We found a big vacuum leak and plugged it , yay! Well the engine light came back on. I***8217;ve replaced the secondary mass airflow sensor three times, it wasn***8217;t bad. I***8217;ve also had the intake airflow valve that looks like a small aluminum flying saucer cleaned. Still engine light came back on after reset. I have a nice mechanic who tries to help me. He had an X5 for seven years. But he works at a shop and can***8217;t give me discounts. And I can***8217;t afford to keep having things tested. I just received some parts I ordered, the air injection valve mentioned above, that looks like a small flying saucer on the engine block, A fuel filter, and spark plugs, even though I had the spark plugs replaced two years ago. My friend the mechanic said he would put the fuel filter on for me free. But I also have the other things I have to do and hopefully something helps. What is your experience? Someone must***8217;ve had the same issues with 2005 X5 3.0. Please please please, help me :cry:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Wildflowergal,

I had same issue, chasing and fixing "stuff", but same codes came on again and again. I ended up replacing all of the vacuum lines from the "flying saucer" to the intake manifold. Used this hose from Amazon - $12 HPS HTSVH35-BLKx5 Black 5' Length High Temperature Silicone Vacuum Tubing Hose (60 psi Maxium Pressure, 3.5mm ID) and it took care of the leaks. Lots of the lines are old and get brittle over time.

Hope this helps. BTW, I just added the sensor inline without removing the old one from the back of the manifold (pain in the a$$ to get to and usually breaks off).

Good luck.

Rick

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts