BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for some help. I just ordered my Silver 2005 4.4 with Sport Package, Premium package, DSP, and NAV.

1) I don't like the Wheels that come with the sport package. Does anyone know how the
19 inch wheels are on snow or should I cancel the sport package? Is the sport package
good?

2) Can the iPOD seamless system be installed with DSP, NAV ?

3) How are the comfort seats?

Any Help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
205 Posts
sam817 said:
I am looking for some help. I just ordered my Silver 2005 4.4 with Sport Package, Premium package, DSP, and NAV.

1) I don't like the Wheels that come with the sport package. Does anyone know how the
19 inch wheels are on snow or should I cancel the sport package? Is the sport package
good?

Comfort seats are great. What is the iPOD seamless system?

·
Registered
54 Posts
sam817 said:

good?

Comfort searts are great :thumbup: Do a search on it...

·
Registered
111 Posts
I my 2005 X5 4.4i with everything possible. I don't know about the wheels that comes with the Sport Package because we also got the optional wheel package and I love it. I haven't driven it in the snow yet, so I can't tell you what they're like.

As for the iPod, not you cannot add an iPod link if you have Nav and DSP. However, that is with the BMW OEM system. I'm not sure about other aftermarket systems.

As for the seat, comfort seats are the way to go. Since I don't drive the X5 like my Z4 I think the sport seats are useless.

·
Registered
352 Posts
mojosaan said:
I my 2005 X5 4.4i with everything possible. I don't know about the wheels that comes with the Sport Package because we also got the optional wheel package and I love it. I haven't driven it in the snow yet, so I can't tell you what they're like.

As for the iPod, not you cannot add an iPod link if you have Nav and DSP. However, that is with the BMW OEM system. I'm not sure about other aftermarket systems.

As for the seat, comfort seats are the way to go. Since I don't drive the X5 like my Z4 I think the sport seats are useless.
The ice>Link Plus will work perfectly with NAV and DSP systems.

·
Registered
115 Posts
sam817 said:

good?

1) Sport Package is debatable, I don't like the stiffer ride it provides because it makes the SUV feel go away, meaning you feel every bump on the road more. I do like the 3 spoked steering wheel though. The 19 inch rims are still good in the snow, just watch out for scratching.

2) [email protected] mentioned ice>Link plus but good luck finding an supplier or installer on the east coast. I live in DC and contacted Tom on multiple occasions trying to get info on it. He wasn't sure were I could get one installed either. So I ended up getting the BMW one, whish doesn't work with NAV...I don't think, it may now, you can should ask them.

3) Comfort seats are great...if you drive a lot. I live about 8 miles away from work and it takes me 15 minutes. My wife lives 14 miles away and it takes her about 20 minutes...so I don't see much of a need for it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have an 05 4.4 with the sport package but with 18" wheels. First of all, the dealer told me the 19"s are terrible in the snow which a friend confirmed. You will need a second set of wheels. Also, replacement tires for the 19's are mucho $$$$$.

As for the sport package itself, I think its great. I don't have another point of reference but I like the way it drives and handles.

I didn't get the comfort seats. Stock seats are really comfortable.

·
Registered
205 Posts
sam817 said:

good?

Still trying to figure this out. "What is the iPOD seamless system?

·
Registered
352 Posts
asnpcwiz said:
2) [email protected] mentioned ice>Link plus but good luck finding an supplier or installer on the east coast. I live in DC and contacted Tom on multiple occasions trying to get info on it. He wasn't sure were I could get one installed either. So I ended up getting the BMW one, whish doesn't work with NAV...I don't think, it may now, you can should ask them.
The ice>Link Plus can be installed anywhere in about 90 minutes maximum. We have had customers report having their ice>Links installed by the following East Coast locations:

1) BMW Dealer
2) Best Buy
3) Tweeter
4) Circuit City
5) Independent 12v Audio/Video installers

The kit can be installed by any qualified installer - it is a good idea to talk with him/her shortly to get a feel of who you're dealing with.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.