Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, my 428 lease is up and this time around I decided to go back to the basics. I still miss my 325ci that I had a number of years ago. I***8217;ve been searching for a clean e46 coupe manual( preferably zhp) but they are so hard to come by. Most are automatics, high mileage and pretty beat up. I never considered a convertible until I came across a mystic blue with natural brown interior, manual transmission and 20,000 miles!!!! I am in So Cal and was wondering if you guys were in my shoes, would you consider this a good compromise? Very clean, manual, good color combo, super low mileage but a vert. Price of the car is $13,500.

Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

·
Keeping it surreal
43,082 Posts
A car (just about ANY car, other than ultra-rare or exotic) is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. A well-kept and maintained, low-miles, STICK (!) ZHP is definitely a vehicle worth lusting after. The important thing is to determine it`s actual condition, which is accomplished by having a thorough PPI performed by a shop that is intimately familiar with BMWs (i.e., works on them every day). If they give it a clean bill of health, you can proceed, and use their report as leverage to negotiate a slightly more favorable price.
Happy Hunting ! :thumbup:

·
Registered
7,498 Posts
+1 on what Fast Bob said. Not sure what super low mileage is but so,times it’s worth paying a little more for a car if certain things make it unique or more desirable to you.
As to the convertible thing I don’t know where you are located but we had at least one convertible and up to four in the fleet at the same time. Can’t take it to the track, but I can take it through the canyons any day.

Sent from my iPad using Bimmerfest

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for getting back to me guys. The car has 20k miles, and a clean carfax. I am in Southern California so probably convertible wouldn***8217;t be that bad. I never tracked any car and have no intention on doing so. I***8217;ll go see the car on Tuesday and will let you know. If everything adds up I***8217;ll probably get it.

·
Registered
879 Posts
I'm the wrong person to ask as the only reason I own a BMW is that it was in our price range and performance range, but most importantly it was a convertible. Every CAR we own is a convertible. Only our 2000 Durango has a fixed roof. The miles are great, but if the car was not garaged it won't really matter. There will still be age-related wear. Price sounds reasonable to me if the car checks out.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi guys, my 428 lease is up and this time around I decided to go back to the basics. I still miss my 325ci that I had a number of years ago. I***8217;ve been searching for a clean e46 coupe manual( preferably zhp) but they are so hard to come by. Most are automatics, high mileage and pretty beat up. I never considered a convertible until I came across a mystic blue with natural brown interior, manual transmission and 20,000 miles!!!! I am in So Cal and was wondering if you guys were in my shoes, would you consider this a good compromise? Very clean, manual, good color combo, super low mileage but a vert. Price of the car is $13,500.

Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

Did you buy it?

Sent from my iPad using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Registered
390 Posts
Yep

Man that sounds like a beaut' as been said take the car for an inspection, the owner will want to take it there with you. Nobody takes my car away until it's paid for. Our `01 330ci cabby' is tucked away `till spring as it has been every year. At 70K miles I feel it's just broken in. :thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts