BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

2006 325i sedan - Bluetooth - iphone4s Help

1567 Views 6 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Thumperx
I just got this car and I love it but I need help with two things:

1 - I am trying to fine the bluetooth passkey. Some people said it is in the trunk and others say I need to go to the dealer. :dunno::mad:

2 - I have been using my iPhone 4s thru the aux input in the center consold but it looks ridiculous hanging out of it with the power cable and aux cable pulled in. Is there an aftermarket dock I can buy that will charge the phone but still let me play music and the Sirius app thru my radio?

Thanks in advance for your help.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
1 ***8211; The bluetooth passkey should be whatever you want it to be. You can set it to be 0000 on your iPhone first and then proceed to the BMW audio controls where you re-enter the passkey, 0000.

2 ***8211; This is what I use.
I was told that there is a passkey assigned by BMW. I don't see any way to set a passkey on the iPhone.

I am looking for something that will help conceal the wires when i am using the iPhone to play music thru the Aux connection and charging.
Who told you this? This is what BMW USA says on the web.
I was told that there is a passkey assigned by BMW. I don't see any way to set a passkey on the iPhone.
Some devices do have assigned keys (almost always 1111), like bluetooth earpieces. On smartphone and other devices with capacity for data entry, you can usually set the passcode yourself.
Just got an Iphone 4 for work, and it set up on my '06 330i with no issues. When asked for "passkey" I hit 1234 on the phone, and like clockwork the head unit asked for it as well, and I entered. Works like a champ. Good luck.
Check out my on going project thread on this very topic. It may help you understand what is needed to make the system work. http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=689846
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.