BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am listing my 330i in the for sale section. There doesn't seem to be much traffic there. I have only owned it for 3 weeks and it has 350 miles on it. I bought the wrong car. I like the BMW as a great touring car but it just doesn't have enough "go" for me. I am going to buy a 335i and instead of waiting a couple months to sell this one I figured I could get more out of it now. I am not sure what to ask for it so make me an offer (serious offers please).

Jet black- black leather- loaded. Sport pkg, prem pkg, nav, auto, comfort access, folding rear seat, sirius prep, heated seats. Window sticker is $45920.

·
Registered
184 Posts
JZ150 said:
Jet black- black leather- loaded. Sport pkg, prem pkg, nav, auto, comfort access, folding rear seat, sirius prep, heated seats. Window sticker is $45920.
Draw the bath. :bawling:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Black car with black heated seats ... in Texas. Yep, wrong car!

More seriously, if the 330i isn't fast enough for you, you'll probably be disappointed with the turbo lag on the 335i (rules of physics mandates a turbo lag, no matter what the BMW Marketing Dept says). Perhaps you should consider an M3 instead.

·
Registered
184 Posts
mooneydriver said:
More seriously, if the 330i isn't fast enough for you, you'll probably be disappointed with the turbo lag on the 335i (rules of physics mandates a turbo lag, no matter what the BMW Marketing Dept says). Perhaps you should consider an M3 instead.
There are varying degrees of turbo lag. Test drive a WRX if you really want to experience severe lag. The 335 doesn't seem to have a lot based on the claimed performance specs. However, turbos will suffer from heat soak (which reduces performance) and Texas is not very friendly in that department.

·
Freedom isn't free!!
2018 Glacier Silver 340i M Sport
19,997 Posts
Have you considered the sales tax savings if you keep it and trade it in on the 335i? If they allowed something in the neighborhood of MSRP of the 330 on the trade, your tax savings would be around $2800.

Of course, if you want to make a charitable donation, I'll be happy to give you my address.:)

·
your average JAMF
1,227 Posts
350 miles and you're selling? WTF?? Did you do NO research before buying the car? Did you not test drive it? 335 miles ain't even a full tank of gas. Unbelievable.

Must be nice to have money to burn.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I have never heard of such a bone-headded plan in my life. Either you have money to burn and if that is the case, put it on Ebay and sell it to the highest bidder. If the sticker is $45,900.00, you probably paid about 3000.00 less, give or take, for the car. My guess is that you should probably get around 39k but your market is limited for a "used" car in that price range. My advice is for you to enjoy a very good car and next time you buy something that expensive, REALLY, make sure that is what you want. Perhaps your dealer will go easy on you since you are ready to buy another car from them. Do not buy it until you have had a chance to test drive what you are buying, and then more than a typical drive around the block. See if they will let you put 50-75 miles on it on the roads of your choosing. The best advice: Keep the car, drive it for a yr or two and then trade it in or sell it. I'll give you 29k for it right now!:dunno:

·
Philosopher-king
2,195 Posts
Magoon said:
There are varying degrees of turbo lag. Test drive a WRX if you really want to experience severe lag. The 335 doesn't seem to have a lot based on the claimed performance specs. However, turbos will suffer from heat soak (which reduces performance) and Texas is not very friendly in that department.
The AutoWeek testers specifically wrote that they didn't notice turbo lag.

That's a good point about the intercooler heat soak. The peformance of my Volvo turbo station wagon noticably deteriorates in the summer and I live at the Jersey shore. I'm so used to it that I didn't even think to mention it.

Texas, huh? Maybe the OP should wait a little longer for the new M3.

·
BIG D BIMMERS
873 Posts
I would say enjoy the car for now and definitely wait for the M3. This way at least the hit you take would not be as huge as now.

·
---------
460 Posts
I bought 330i last year and I couldn't be happier with the car. The only reason I am thinking about selling and buying a new one is ED. Personally I would prefer to save 2k and buy 330i again if it were still offered next year.

I am not racing or "smoking" other cars so I don't think the additional 45hp and 80 torque would make a big difference for me in my usual city/highway driving.

·
Registered
171 Posts
JZ150 said:
I am listing my 330i in the for sale section. There doesn't seem to be much traffic there. I have only owned it for 3 weeks and it has 350 miles on it. I bought the wrong car. I like the BMW as a great touring car but it just doesn't have enough "go" for me. I am going to buy a 335i and instead of waiting a couple months to sell this one I figured I could get more out of it now. I am not sure what to ask for it so make me an offer (serious offers please).

How do you know it doesn't have enough "go"? Your car is not even broken in for another 1,000 miles. Plus you've loaded the car with unnecessary weight and got an auto. Accept the fact that you will thousands on this deal. Also, before you lose thousands more on the 335, I suggest you get a very clear idea of what exactly is fast enough for you. Maybe you just ought to save up for the M6 (or CL65).

·
Registered
184 Posts
Majikthese42 said:
That's a good point about the intercooler heat soak. The peformance of my Volvo turbo station wagon noticably deteriorates in the summer and I live at the Jersey shore. I'm so used to it that I didn't even think to mention it.
As a fellow Volvo turbo owner, heat soak is definitely noticeable. Another week of 90+ and high humidity on the way. :rolleyes: This will be something new for the US BMW crowd to experience as will the belching heat coming from under hood thanks to the turbo.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
allaboutme said:
I must say, the e90 board is HARSH.

If I were in the market for an e90, this would be a great opportunity.
I agree with allaboutme: This is such B##sh**......not the guy trying to sell a brand new car but some of the responses. Especially the one about "payments too high for you?"......that is just downright insensitive and uncalled for.

JUST ANSWER THE GUY'S QUESTION PEOPLE !!

$38,900

·
your average JAMF
1,227 Posts
MARCUS330i said:
I
JUST ANSWER THE GUY'S QUESTION PEOPLE !!
Please.

This is a discussion board, not a "yes/no" survey. Post pictures of some dubious part on your car and ask how it looks, you're gonna get some flames. Ask if your 3 is faster than a Honda in a street race, prepare to duck. Post a rant about the 330i having less HP than a Camry, you're going to get some razzing. If you're going to play Lumberjack, you've got to be able to hold up your end of the log.

THIS guy is selling a $40k+ car before even going through ONE tank of gas. C'mon. Both of you need to grow a pair. If you can't stand the heat, then don't start a topic that begs for harsh replies, as this one absolutely does.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I totally expected to hear it from some but I also know that this is an opportunity for someone to buy a new 330i for less than what a dealer will sell one for. Not many dealers in the US will sell a 330i for invoice. What's the downside for the potential buyer. Some of you may feel that invoice is too much but put it in perspective- Its not like this is a 10,000 mile 2006 330i.

·
3,440 Posts
JZ150 said:
I totally expected to hear it from some but I also know that this is an opportunity for someone to buy a new 330i for less than what a dealer will sell one for. Not many dealers in the US will sell a 330i for invoice. What's the downside for the potential buyer. Some of you may feel that invoice is too much but put it in perspective- Its not like this is a 10,000 mile 2006 330i.
What will hurt your sale is that many people know that the 335 is coming and more than likely BMW NA will offer trunk money (incentives) on remaining 2006 E90s when the 328/335 begins to arrive.

·
Philosopher-king
2,195 Posts
I'd be interested except that the body style, color, transmission and array of options are not what I want, and the car is located in Texas. I wish you the best of luck in finding someone who wants that color and that exact list of features, really I do. I was trying to be helpful.

When Car and Driver tested the 330i against a variety of other sedans including the turbocharged, intercooled Volvo S60R, the test conditions (desert heat) took a huge chunk out of the Volvo's performance. I don't know what a 335i will perform like in Texas heat. Maybe it will perform significantly better than the 330i, maybe it won't.

Car and Driver said:
"The S60R delivered 60 mph in 6.4 seconds and a quarter-mile in 14.6 seconds at 98 mph. That's heaps slower than the last S60R we tested, which hit 60 in 5.5 seconds. We can only surmise that the desert heat, which the various cars' outside-temp gauges reported as being from 98 degrees to 116, played havoc with the intercooler's performance. The engine hits its "off" mode about 500 rpm before redline, quitting time signaled by a waste-gate whistle and a hail of items flying forward from the back seat."
CLICK for the C/D Comparison Test

1 - 20 of 37 Posts