BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
So far, mine has been bulletproof over the first 12K miles. My business partner has one too, and his likewise has been perfect over about 10K miles. Check Consumer Reports' auto issue--the 2006 models are probably old enough to be reported.

If your reliability concern is around not getting stranded on Route 66 during rush hour, you're probably safe with any newer car. If your concern is around cost of ownership past the warranty period, be careful of BMWs as they don;t have the best track record.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Looking at getting the 2006 330i. How reliable is the new model?
My previous '06 330i had all 4 RFTs replaced (by BMWNA) at 8,000, the entire engine replaced at 9,000 miles, and the muffler replaced at 12,000.

However, keep in mind there are plenty of 330s running fine :thumbup:

·
Registered
27 Posts
With the exception of the steering column being replaced, my '06 330i has been problem-free.

·
Registered
81 Posts
My previous '06 330i had all 4 RFTs replaced (by BMWNA) at 8,000, the entire engine replaced at 9,000 miles, and the muffler replaced at 12,000.

However, keep in mind there are plenty of 330s running fine :thumbup:
Whoa... what's the story there?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Mine has been trouble-free (well, I had the rear ashtray/compartment door replaced), now at just over 30,000 miles.

·
Sandlapper Chapter
2,912 Posts
Had mine for almost 30k miles--a couple of minor issues (air bag seat mat replacement, etc.) and it was a thoroughly enjoyable car. Turned it in 6/07 and wish I hadn't.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Had mine for almost 30k miles--a couple of minor issues (air bag seat mat replacement, etc.) and it was a thoroughly enjoyable car. Turned it in 6/07 and wish I hadn't.
Seat mat here too....blue tooth sending unit (TCU), blown tweeter as well...other than that 55K miles....several autocrosses & HPDE.....still running strong.

·
Registered
300 Posts
24k and so far mine has had no real problems.

·
Advocate de diabolo
2,363 Posts
06 330xi with 15k. Going into the shop for the fourth time that Idrive has froze up or blanked out. Disappointing.
Your nav-unit should have been replaced the 2nd time this happened, same thing happened to me w/ my e46, and it was changed out.

·
Advocate de diabolo
2,363 Posts
or a 2007 328?
That's a first year model as well. The e90 series is unique b/c for two years, there were first year models. All makes of first year models have first year issues that get corrected/ironed out over the years.

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
Dont get IDrive... It's a JOKE really is

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Whoa... what's the story there?
Just a fluke I suspect! The car never left me stranded and there were never any problems getting things repaired. My local service guys are excellent!! All cars have issues and that is what a warranty is for! :thumbup:

·
BMW/Harley Guy
123 Posts
Mine's got 26K on it. Little stuff that any car would have: cupholder, window switch, inside door handle trim chipped etc. Same kinda stuff my wife's h\Hondas and Toyotas have had.

Even though it's the first year of a redesign, it's not like it wasn't built on alot of technology and stuff from other BMW models.

I love the car and feel as good about it's longeveity as any other. Just take care of it and it'll take care of you

·
Registered
942 Posts
the 2006 330i that i sold my ex mother in law is running excellent. she has had ZERO problems with the car. she ran over a nail and had to have a RFT replaced, but thankfully she got the wheel and tire insurance so it was no money out of her pocket. she is very happy with it!

overall a very reliable car. very few customers have problems other than little things. (cupholders/ashtray issues) go for it!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts