BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to this forum and BMW. Got a 2006 X5 4.4i with Premium sound package a couple of days back. The car comes with Premium sound with DSP and navigation package but does not include a CD changer. Talked to the salesperson and was told that the CD changer is a separate option and not included in the premium sound package. Is this correct? What are my options other than the OEM 6-CD changer. I put a Phatnoise in my Audi many year back but can't seemed to find Phatnoise now. How do I sync the car keys to the memory positions?
TIA.

·
Registered
200 Posts
The CD changer unit is an older model, but is made by Alpine Electronics. You can purchase an equivalent Alpine model for less, but will require the adaptor harness to connect up to your head unit. Choose a newer model as they will be able to play MP3 CDs and not just music. Alternatively, eBay and auto wreckers typically have a bunch of these used, to choose from.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.