BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my 530 on Monday and have put about 500 miles on thus far driving to Austria and Switzerland. During the drive I have noticed what I can only describe as a wierd steering feel...let me explain. The non-active steering has quite adequate assist when making an initial steering input like turning R or L. However, if you have to make an immediate input in the opposite direction the input is very heavy.

I have tried to take DTC off and my brain thinks it's better, but I honestly haven't taken the time to figure out if this should have any affect or not.

Anyone have any similar experiences? I know I didn't buy an M3 but I thought, based on my several 2004 E60 rentals in Germany last year, that the steering was better/different.

Thanks

Oh yes, Saturday they install my Al cube interiior trim at Niederlassung Munchen...those people know how to run a parts/service department.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Al Cube Trim

anlauf said:
Oh yes, Saturday they install my Al cube interiior trim at Niederlassung Munchen...those people know how to run a parts/service department.
Do you have any pics of the Al cube trim in your car? What was the cost to do this? Thanks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
steering input

I picked up my 2006 530 with sport package on june 1st. I didn't notice anything weird in the steering. However, I don't recall doing a quick manuever from one side to the other. I will keep an eye out for this when I get the car back. I dropped it off on June 9th so it should be here within 3 weeks.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
platypus said:
Do you have any pics of the Al cube trim in your car? What was the cost to do this? Thanks.
From a previous post of mine.....

Well it's the day before ED drop off...and the trim is installed. The cost of the hardware ended up being ~450 Euros with all dash parts/pieces (including 4 door handles). I am VERY happy with this addition. To my taste, the black interior with black poplar was just too much black...now the interior has some texture and contrast. It met with my wife's approval (designer #1) and that says more than I can say.

The install (labor) was not inexpensive...another 400 Euros...but these guys did a beautiful job and I was able to pick the car up and pay for it at 11PM. What US dealer would do that?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts