BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess I am new to the brake wear sensor on the front left and rear right wheels having never owned a BMW. I picked up the car a few weeks ago and it was just warning of brakes need changed. I ordered some new pads but was going to try reusing the sensor. Good brake job but cant clear Idrive warnings. I need the sensors so I ordered them and read how they work. Got them today and they work great and everything reset. Found loose rear wheel bearing while I was fooling around along with a right front strut leaking oil. When I got the car with 143K miles on it it was real clean. I knew I would have to work on it but since I have not used a mechanic in 50 years its cheap to work on so far. Everything else works like new and I dont mind some nickel and dime. I have always had cars with 300K miles or more except the F-350 ford 7.3 deisel with 467K miles on it. So far I have enjoyed working on it with only a few cuts and scratches on me. I would like to get 200K miles out of it. Paid $6500 Dallas Texas

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts