BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering buying a CPO 2006 530i (30k miles) 12 months maint left. Car came off lease.

Equipped with: 6MT, Sport Package, Premium Package, Cold Package, Premium Sound System & Navigation.

Dealer asking for $30,000

What would be a fair price in this economy, $26,000, $28,000? :dunno:

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Set your price, stick to your guns and be totally willing to walk away. I know a guy that recently paid 28k for an 04 530 with 42k miles. When I saw my 06 I was on the way to another dealer to get an 04 530i with 40k miles for $22k out the door but the one I purchased was much nicer.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Set your price, stick to your guns and be totally willing to walk away. I know a guy that recently paid 28k for an 04 530 with 42k miles. When I saw my 06 I was on the way to another dealer to get an 04 530i with 40k miles for $22k out the door but the one I purchased was much nicer.
Yeah, I bought my '04 530 back in early 07' with a few less miles for 29k - that guy got owned by the dealership. I would expect 06s to go for around what I paid back then.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I paid $25k for an 06 530i about 3 weeks ago.
premium package, but no sport or cold, auto. Also, not CPO, but you can purchase 3rd party warranties for longer periods of time than you'll get from BMW (or the BMW dealer) for very reasonably prices. So, while CPO is great, it's not the only way to go.

I have some experience here. I bought a CPO Audi Allroad a few years back and I paid considerably more than I would have if it was not CPO.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Offer $26 and walk if they don't accept.

You can always check back in a couple days and see if they are willing to do the deal.

They might be more willing to do it as the end of the month approaches

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I think that 26K to 27.5K area would be agreeable. Being that its a manual its a little harder of a vehicle to find. People who love manuals know this and the dealership knows this to so sometimes they play a little harder ball on these cars with manual trannys.

P.S.: Do yourself a favor if your a MP3 or IPOD user work it into the deal that they get the car set up for it. :D

·
Registered
123 Posts
I recently purchased 07 530 with 16K miles for around 30 K.

The dealer I purchased from is a high volume delaer and cars sell out in less than 2 weeks . The car was extremely clean and the low miles made it very attractive.

I negotiated for more than 3 hours and the dealer was very stubborn . He knows some one would buy the car if I dont

If you have been paying attention to BMW's sales number you will see the CPO sales have been on fire . I am not sure how your dealer is doing as far as CPO cars are concerned.

I honestly believe price around 28 is a good deal. I dont think the dealers are ready to sell 5-series CPO's for 26 or some thing as some one mentioned

Considering buying a CPO 2006 530i (30k miles) 12 months maint left. Car came off lease.

Equipped with: 6MT, Sport Package, Premium Package, Cold Package, Premium Sound System & Navigation.

Dealer asking for $30,000

What would be a fair price in this economy, $26,000, $28,000? :dunno:

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think that 26K to 27.5K area would be agreeable. Being that its a manual its a little harder of a vehicle to find. People who love manuals know this and the dealership knows this to so sometimes they play a little harder ball on these cars with manual trannys.

P.S.: Do yourself a favor if your a MP3 or IPOD user work it into the deal that they get the car set up for it. :D
Well I made an appointment Friday afternoon to test drive the car. The 530i was filthy, as it just turned in (off lease) the day before. The CA stated I couldn't drive since it was scheduled to go into service???!!?? I was a bit annoyed with the CA, since I had an appointment to test drive this car.

Anyway I looked the car over and it was in nice shape, didn't appear abused. We talked price and he said they wouldn't take less than $29,400. I said I would like to drive the car before making an offer. He said he would call me when it came out of service (later that day).

The CA called a couple of hours later and said the 530i was sold. I assume whoever left a deposit also did not drive the car.

In my experience, 6MT's (nicely equipped) do not last long if priced reasonably.

The search continues for my BMW!! I also think I need a new CA at this particular dealer.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Well I made an appointment Friday afternoon to test drive the car. The 530i was filthy, as it just turned in (off lease) the day before. The CA stated I couldn't drive since it was scheduled to go into service???!!?? I was a bit annoyed with the CA, since I had an appointment to test drive this car.

Anyway I looked the car over and it was in nice shape, didn't appear abused. We talked price and he said they wouldn't take less than $29,400. I said I would like to drive the car before making an offer. He said he would call me when it came out of service (later that day).

The CA called a couple of hours later and said the 530i was sold. I assume whoever left a deposit also did not drive the car.

In my experience, 6MT's (nicely equipped) do not last long if priced reasonably.

The search continues for my BMW!! I also think I need a new CA at this particular dealer.
Yep that is what I was saying about the manual E60's. Alot of "manual only" drivers out there and dealers know they will scoop these cars up more often then not at a higher price. Personally the 29.4K was to high.

Keep looking. Also I won't rule out a 05 545i manual. Chances are prices are going to be very similar. Also look at the 06 530's you get 255HP instead of 225HP. Prices on those aren't going to me much different then the 05 530's (maybe 1K to 3K higher in alot of cases).

·
L5 Commander
147 Posts
I recently purchased 07 530 with 16K miles for around 30 K.

The dealer I purchased from is a high volume delaer and cars sell out in less than 2 weeks . The car was extremely clean and the low miles made it very attractive.

I negotiated for more than 3 hours and the dealer was very stubborn . He knows some one would buy the car if I dont

If you have been paying attention to BMW's sales number you will see the CPO sales have been on fire . I am not sure how your dealer is doing as far as CPO cars are concerned.

I honestly believe price around 28 is a good deal. I dont think the dealers are ready to sell 5-series CPO's for 26 or some thing as some one mentioned
I just looked at BMW's CPO inventory for 06 E60's today and it seems like there was at least 2x, if not 3x, more inventory in the last 2mos of 2008. Who's been buying up all the E60's?

·
BMW Enthusiast!
5,679 Posts
I just looked at BMW's CPO inventory for 06 E60's today and it seems like there was at least 2x, if not 3x, more inventory in the last 2mos of 2008. Who's been buying up all the E60's?
I think with the bad economy, more people are buying used than new. So inventory is going down in the short-term.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just bought a 04 530i with 40,000 miles, sport package, and was a one owner company lease car for 20k. about 5k under blue book. shop around. this is the best time to buy

·
Registered
379 Posts
picked up 530xi 2006, with 35k miles, fully loaded, warranty & maint still effective, for 22K. If you have any dealer friends, u can pick these up nicely

1 - 20 of 20 Posts